Poll:Creme of Nature Detangling Poo VS Keracare Detangling Poo

Which do you think is the better of the two detang. shampoos: Keracare or CON?

• Keracare Detangling Hydrating Shampoo

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo (green label)

Votes: 87 64.4%

• Total voters
I like both. They have different ingredients, but they perform almost identically. CON will forever be a staple because it's inexpensize and you can find it almost anywhere. The only reason I have a bottle of Keracare poo right now is because I had a store credit I needed to use.

I voted Keracare because it detangles just as well as CON but my hair just feels a little cleaner than it does with CON. With CON my hair still feels coated.

YAY CON!

I have extremely coarse hair that is relaxed, but often underprocessed- call it 4z. No other shampoo has ever allowed me to comb through my hair at it's most coarse & bushy like CON. I am 8 weeks into a 12 week relaxer stretch & was able to comb through my hair w/o major tangle balls after taking a weave & cornrows down this weekend because of CON.

A few years ago it was the only shampoo I would buy (& I my hair was nice & healthy), not necessarily because it was growing any faster, but because it was not breaking while it was wet.

Over the years, I have spent a lot of money on hair related stuff, but you can't beat an item that gives a great result and can be found with ease anywhere from your grocery store, to wal mart in any part of the country for no more than 4 or 5 dollars.

Re: YAY CON!

I have extremely coarse hair that is relaxed, but often underprocessed- call it 4z. No other shampoo has ever allowed me to comb through my hair at it's most coarse & bushy like CON. I am 8 weeks into a 12 week relaxer stretch & was able to comb through my hair w/o major tangle balls after taking a weave & cornrows down this weekend because of CON.

A few years ago it was the only shampoo I would buy (& I my hair was nice & healthy), not necessarily because it was growing any faster, but because it was not breaking while it was wet.

Over the years, I have spent a lot of money on hair related stuff, but you can't beat an item that gives a great result and can be found with ease anywhere from your grocery store, to wal mart in any part of the country for no more than 4 or 5 dollars.

This post was the deciding factor for me! I vote CON all the way & will clarify as needed:yep:
So MizMami, which one are you leaning towards now?

Last edited:
I voted CON, I just gave a big liter bottle of the keracare away. I did not like it, it did not detangle my hair at all. Now the CON does a better job to me and cost way less than the keracare.

I wish I knew you so you coulda given it to me!!:lol: In the past, I hated the Keracare shampoo because it did nothing for me. Now that I relax with affirm I have found no other shampoo that moisturizes and detangles. I only dont use it when I feel I have protein overload. I grew up using cream of nature and when I washed my own natural hair, it made my hair hard.

I gotta go with the green CON. The price is great, I don't see any buildup, and I really like the fact that that it is sulfate free. They stylist I went to yesterday was like, that is not a good shampoo b/c of the buildup up- that went in one ear and completely out of the other.

I really like both, but I have to go with CON. I just got out the shower and I haven't combed my hair in over a week, the CON made my hair so easy to comb through..I love it. I felt like I didn't even need to condition afterwards (I did though, lol). Plus the price you can't beat!! I have about 3 full bottles in my cabinet.

KeraCare has ammonium lauryl sulfate, so that alone knocks off a few points. It made my hair feel like it was coated in wax. I like CON better, but since the ingredients change, they'll never see another red cent from me. The next best thing is Elasta QP Creme Conditioning poo. No sulfates and it makes your hair feel like you've used a conditioner. The longer you leave it on, the better it feels :)

The next best thing is Elasta QP Creme Conditioning poo. No sulfates and it makes your hair feel like you've used a conditioner. The longer you leave it on, the better it feels :)

I'll keep this in mind whenever I look for a 'Poo. Now I only use a Clarifying Poo to remove buildup. Most of the time, I Co-Wash. But if I ever need a regular shampoo. EQP makes pretty good reasonably priced products. Thanks T :grin:

ive only used keracare one because i never know which CON to buy everybody confuses me with all these damn colors!!!
the red and green label is discontinued and i think the new one is orange??
anyway keracare is great
i can comb through easily with it
i dont even feel like condish after (but i do)

Back