Poka's video debut.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Ok guys, I got up my nerve and did it. I had to start out small so this is just a three-strand twist tutorial.

I laugh everytime I look at it. This video thing is trippin' me out. :grin:

Sorry it came out kinda low (try turning the youtube volume all the way up) and yes I always talk that slow, lol. I was a little distracted by the movie too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYftezS-fsw

Last edited:
You only get to upload the same youtube video to fotki once/day. It'll work tomorrow. I don't know why but I had the exact same problem with my hula hoop videos.

You can also add annotations (text messages) to the video through youtube if the sound is low.

ok, off to watch...

ETA: Very cool. You make it look easy.

Last edited:
So that's how you do it :wallbash:.
I tried watching the other vids before and you did yours slow enough that it makes sense.
I'll have to try on my daughter now :yep:

You only get to upload the same youtube video to fotki once/day. It'll work tomorrow. I don't know why but I had the exact same problem with my hula hoop videos.

You can also add annotations (text messages) to the video through youtube if the sound is low.

ok, off to watch...

ETA: Very cool. You make it look easy.
Ok, thanks sareca. I didn't know that. I'll try it again tomorrow.

I imagine you are saying something in the video, but I can't hear a word of it. Don't care because I understood from watching what you were doing. Plus your hair is so pretty. Thanks for making the video!

I imagine you are saying something in the video, but I can't hear a word of it. Don't care because I understood from watching what you were doing. Plus your hair is so pretty. Thanks for making the video!
Aww, you can't hear it. I wanted you guys to hear that cuz it's funny....to me at least, lol.

:clap: yay you broke your youtube video cherry Pokahotazz! hehe

I liked learning the three strand twist, I didnt even know about that , seems like it holds much better and like you said will give your more definition

thank you for sharing girl! :yep:

Last edited:
:clap: yay your broke your video cherry Pokahotazz! hehe

I liked learning the three strand twist, I didnt even know about that , seems like it holds much better and like you said will give your more definition

thank you for sharing girl! :yep:
Thanks Iris! I will get better as I do more.

Yes, the three-strands do make a more defined twist-out. The results are beautiful, long deep waves. I usually don't do them on straight hair but it just so happened my hair was straight at the time. They take a lot longer to do though and they make my hands cramp up.

I'm gonna try it girl, soon too! probably smoother definition than a braid out, :yep: and you will get better, I still laugh at my first video, it was a trip just seeing myself on video bhahahaa your gonna be a star with all dat hair gurl! :yep:
Thanks Iris! I will get better as I do more.

Yes, the three-strands do make a more defined twist-out. The results are beautiful, long deep waves. I usually don't do them on straight hair but it just so happened my hair was straight at the time. They take a lot longer to do though and they make my hands cramp up.

Aww, you can't hear it. I wanted you guys to hear that cuz it's funny....to me at least, lol.

It's probably something to do with my laptop. I put the volume on the highest, but still couldn't hear it. It seems that other people aren't having that problem. I'm going to watch it again on my desktop later.

A star is born! A starn is born! Whoohoo, girl you did it. So proud of you and you really know how to TEACH. :yep:

I'm def going to try this out. Thank you!

Congratulations on your first video :dance7:

The 3-strand twist is LOVELY, Pokahontas!!! I am going to try this on my DDs' hair next time I twist it.

Thanks! :clapping:

Congrats, Poka!!! The video is very good but those twists are confusing! Practice makes perfect I guess!
Yeah they're a little confusing at first. I still get messed up if I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing. Once you mess up it's hard to get back on track but yeah practice does help.

Go'head Pokahontas witcha first movie! :grin:

So the three-strand twists are done without first twisting each strand in the opposite way as you would two-strand twists? And do they hold? You got me so intrigued I plan on undoing one braid right now to try it out. :look:

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry I couldn't hear what you said. Pity we can't get subtitles when we mute Youtube.

Go'head Pokahontas witcha first movie! :grin:

So the three-strand twists are done without first twisting each strand in the opposite way as you would two-strand twists? And do they hold? You got me so intrigued I plan on undoing one braid right now to try it out. :look:

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry I couldn't hear what you said. Pity we can't get subtitles when we mute Youtube.

Thanks Nonie. Yes they hold good, better than two-strand twists.

Try it out, it's easy once you get the pattern down. Just concentrate on those two steps that I demonstrated and that's it. You're basically just constantly rotating pieces and twisting them.

I'm gonna do the 3 strand twists this weekend for a twist out , do you braid the first part at the top like is needed with two strand twists (to stay) or do they stay better than the two strand and you dont need to braid the top? just wanna make sure I get the roots good and they dont get puffy

Now I see why I could never get it right. I was doing it all wrong. Thanks for the helpful video, next time I'll have a chance of it working. It was very easy to follow.:yep:

Thanks for uploading this. I couldn't hear what you were saying, but I followed your hands. I undid one of my twists to try it out and it was pretty easy, though awkward at first, maybe I will get better as I try it more.

Good job! :grin:

I'm gonna do the 3 strand twists this weekend for a twist out , do you braid the first part at the top like is needed with two strand twists (to stay) or do they stay better than the two strand and you dont need to braid the top? just wanna make sure I get the roots good and they dont get puffy

Well most of the time I put a band around my roots to keep them sleek, like this....http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/2008/fat-twist-out!!/twists004.html but I realize everyone might not want to do that so if you start out the twist just like I did in the vid (with the three strands) it will stay very well like that too (better than 2 strand).

Good luck and be prepared to sit there twisting for a while, lol. They are much more time consuming but worth it.

Oh, here's a pic of the results....http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/2008/random-pics-1/s6300848.html It's a bad shot but I was running late so I just snapped it.

Back