Please! Where in God's Earth can I go in and BUY this PRODUCT!?!?!?!?!

krikit96

My hair is shedding something FIERCE and breaking when I comb down my rollersets... can somebody PLEASE tell me what beauty supply is selling ALTER EGO GARLIC TREATMENT????

I just need to try SOMETHING because the megatek is REALLY gonna rip me a new one if I start using it before I find this product, and the garlic pills ain't WORKIN!!!!

ANYBODY please tell me where I can run to purchase some of this Alter Ego Garlic Treatment!!!!!

I know you can order it online at www.sickbay.biz

ETA: they don't carry it anymore! or at least they don't appear to have it in stock. I would email them because they used to carry it all the time!

ETA:
EGO-Impact-Garlic-Original-1000ml

They have it on Amazon but its expensive.

I just had an idea...garlic extract is way down the list of ingredients...why not purchase garlic extract & horseradish extract and mix it in your favorite conditioner because there's a lot of chemicals in this stuff that I can't pronounce.

NGREDIENTS INCE (CTFA) : Aqua(Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dipalmytoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclomethicone(Cyclopentasiloxane), Limonene, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, C.I. 11680 (Pigment Yellow), C.I. 74160 (Pigment Blue 15:1), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Extract), C.I. 12085 (Pigment Red 4), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Allium Sativum (Garlic Extract), Cochlearia Armoracia (Horse-radish Extract), Ferula Assa Foetida (Asafoetida Extract), Methylisothiazolinone. SIZE : 1000 ml / 33,8 fl oz Made in Italy

Last edited:
Re: Please! Where in God's Earth can I go in and BUY this Alter Ego PRODUCT!?!?!?!?!

Thanks Ladies... I really want to find it in a store where I can purchase it and go right home and use it! I know I can take it back if it's in a store and it doesn't work for me... Is this stuff expensive???

I've heard wonderful things about the Alter Ego Garlic shampoo, but I'm pretty sure you would have to order it on-line.? (not sure). When my hair was shedding last year, I ran to the nearest BSS, and got Queen Helene odorless garlic shampoo off the shelf, cause I did not want to wait for an on-line order to come in. I know, it was a cheapie version of the real thing, but it did help my shedding temporarily.:look:

The only place I have seen that product is on Ebay. Most sellers allow returns on there, but I haven't seen the Garlic Treatment in stores since its an older product, I think. :ohwell:

My hair is shedding something FIERCE and breaking when I comb down my rollersets... can somebody PLEASE tell me what beauty supply is selling ALTER EGO GARLIC TREATMENT????

I just need to try SOMETHING because the megatek is REALLY gonna rip me a new one if I start using it before I find this product, and the garlic pills ain't WORKIN!!!!

ANYBODY please tell me where I can run to purchase some of this Alter Ego Garlic Treatment!!!!!

I order mine from www.bluebeez.com

Re: Please! Where in God's Earth can I go in and BUY this Alter Ego PRODUCT!?!?!?!?!

Thanks Ladies... I really want to find it in a store where I can purchase it and go right home and use it! I know I can take it back if it's in a store and it doesn't work for me... Is this stuff expensive???

I get it from: beautyofnewyork.com

It is about $30.00 Bucks.:grin: Wonderful Conditioner.:yep:

i use it is a very good product and yes is kinda expensive 20 for the half and 30 for the full jar but thats here in new york...your hair will loveeeeeeeeeeee it but it doesnt stop shedding right away....

When i used it i noticed very few strands came out...

i use it is a very good product and yes is kinda expensive 20 for the half and 30 for the full jar but thats here in new york...your hair will loveeeeeeeeeeee it but it doesnt stop shedding right away....

When i used it i noticed very few strands came out...

So you've stopped using it??? Does a little go a long way? Do you let it sit in your hair for awhile or do you wash it right out? Are you DCing with it?

I just had an idea...garlic extract is way down the list of ingredients...why not purchase garlic extract & horseradish extract and mix it in your favorite conditioner because there's a lot of chemicals in this stuff that I can't pronounce.

NGREDIENTS INCE (CTFA) : Aqua(Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dipalmytoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclomethicone(Cyclopentasiloxane), Limonene, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, C.I. 11680 (Pigment Yellow), C.I. 74160 (Pigment Blue 15:1), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Extract), C.I. 12085 (Pigment Red 4), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Allium Sativum (Garlic Extract), Cochlearia Armoracia (Horse-radish Extract), Ferula Assa Foetida (Asafoetida Extract), Methylisothiazolinone. SIZE : 1000 ml / 33,8 fl oz Made in Italy

Interesting...there's probably a drop of garlic in it. I wonder why people swear up and down that it "stops shedding in its tracks".

ETA: they don't carry it anymore! or at least they don't appear to have it in stock. I would email them because they used to carry it all the time!

ETA:

That's a good idea. I've always wanted to try it, but I have so many conditioners on hand that I'm trying to use up entirely--thanks to the recession. :rolleyes: Plus, I have fresh garlic that goes bad pretty quickly, so I'll add some of it into my conditioner plus horse radish.

I use the Alter Ego Impac Ego Hot oil treatment with garlic. I found it in a store. Is that the one your talking about?

I am not even sure which one I'm talking about... I know I've not been able to find anything by alter ego... and the chinamen beauty supply stores are looking at me all crazy when I ask...

I'm not sure, but I think she may be talking about the conditioner.
But...how's the hot oil treatment?
does it work well?
I probably would use either of the two. I know I keep reading about how it stops shedding, so whichever is supposed to work... maybe it WAS the hot oil???

Interesting...there's probably a drop of garlic in it. I wonder why people swear up and down that it "stops shedding in its tracks".

I don't know why either. Its a nice deep conditioner but definitely not worth the money; after i used up mine, i definitely did not repurchase because it didnt do anything special to my hair . If Im expereincing any shedding, I use Nexxus emergencee and that stops it in its tracks

OP - I did not realize you live in MD. If you are still determined to go into a store a buy the product, I can tell you where to hit up, depending on where you live. PM me if you want the info.

I'm not sure, but I think she may be talking about the conditioner.
But...how's the hot oil treatment?
does it work well?

Yes, it has worked well for my sisters and myself. We use it weekly on our scalp when we do deep moisturizing coniditioners. It is not actually an oil capsule, it is a cream.

I am not even sure which one I'm talking about... I know I've not been able to find anything by alter ego... and the chinamen beauty supply stores are looking at me all crazy when I ask...

I probably would use either of the two. I know I keep reading about how it stops shedding, so whichever is supposed to work... maybe it WAS the hot oil???

Okay. I don't know where you live in Maryland, but I am in Maryland as well and the stores are in Maryland. Maybe you can private message me and I can explain more.

ETA:

And this is the exact reason I didn't buy the product. I don't have horseradish extract, but I do have garlic oil and I add that to my conditioners as needed, like when I'm seriously MTing. Do note, the garlic extract is after 3 pigments! Sheesh...

i went to the mexican grocery store and found garlic shampoo and conditioner. i think they were $8 each. the garlic smell is strong but goes away after a few rinses. i only bought the conditioner.

I saw some Dominican products in a BSS in Bowie..the Domincan salon in Landover sells products..Jen from Roundbrush is their supplier and they had a nice selection of stuff but I just glanced and don't remember everything they had.

ETA: I forgot I have some Alter Ego stuff but I don't know if it is what you are looking for..you can have some of it..you can pm me.

Last edited:
Back