Please tell me if this Henna is any good

marygrove013

I went to purchase henna this weekend & found this:

Supreme Henna it says: Full, Full Coulour/Best for hair (international)/ with Amla & Shikakai Natural Herbal Hair Conditioner (No Chemicals Used); The sales associates said it can be used on the body, too...

Also, I purchased Amla Powder too but I probably didn't have to since it's already in there, duh...

Anyway, ladies I need your help...Has anyone used this....I believe it's a Dulhan brand...I plan to do a strand test this week with harvested hair form my comb...Thanks for your help in advance : )

according to the info I got from Sarcea, there ingredient list should only have one thing-'Henna'. It sounds like the real thing to me.

Where did you get it? I know I can order it online but Im hoping to find a location around here. We dont have any Indian stores either.

***This is what the websiet said****

How to use on hair?

Open the packet and put the powder in a bowl, add normal water and make thick paste in the ratio of 1 : 3 that can be easily applicable on the hair. Leave this paste for 2 to 3 hours, then gently apply this decoction on the hair. Let the decoction settle on hair for 2 to 3 hours, and after that wash hair with normal water. This product is equally good for both men and women.

SUPREME HENNA

A complete herbal preparation made with the choicest of herbs and Henna leaves. It can be used for hair conditioning as well as for dying grey hair to natural brown. Its rare herbal ingredients add health to your hair, each time you apply it.
Pure Henna Powder is mixed with precious herbal ingredients like Amla, Shikakai, etc. It has a therapeutic use that prevent scalp disorder. SUPREME HENNA Powder is available in air tight multi-layered pouches. We make sure that the henna powder reaches your customers completely fresh. We also offer bulk packing according to your requirements.

Availability

Supreme Henna is available is packs of 50, 80, 150 and 500 gms & 1 Kg.

--------------Or would this one be better for the hair ---------

Supreme Cone How to use the cone?

Use a pair of scissors and cut the tip of the cone making a small hole according to the width of the design to be traced.
Squeeze a little on to a piece of paper. Then try a simple design, if the flow is smooth then start the Tattoo on your desired body part. If the flow is not smooth, then cut a little more of the tip. Repeat until the flow is smooth.
Just like you would a tooth paste tube, squeeze from the bottom upwards.
Supreme Mehandi Cone

Supreme Mehandi Cone is available in Easy to squeeze Tube of approximtely 40 grams . It is made of Natural Henna Powder, Natural Herbs, Water and preservatives only. It is 100% natural products. A very safe, painless and temporary way of making tattoos/designs. Our paste is made out of high quality henna leaves with high dying strength and manufactured under very good hygienic atmosphere, to provide our customers with the best quality henna.

Availability

The cones are available is approximately 40gms. packs and SUPREME BRIDAL CONES are available in 60gms. pack.

The Indian name "mehandi" suggests staining the skin with the henna plant. Mehandi or henna is a favourite with women of all age and race. It brings to mind the joys of celebrations, the festivities that mark our lives. It has been widely used for tinting the hair, usually in the form of a shampoo. As a dye for skin or nails the powder may be mixed with catechu or lucerne, made into a paste with nornal water, and spread on the part to be dyed, being allowed to remain for one night. Our henna is 100% natural, with not a trace of artificial dye in it. Our product range includes traditional wedding mehandi ,Hair mehandi, mehandi cones and Mehandi oil. Click on the appropriate title to see our henna products and order Today!

Hi Ladies,

I am afraid to use ANY henna that is premixed. The results from useing henna that has metal compounds in it are so devestating that I am not willing to take a chance.

Therefore I would not recommend it to you. I would only recommmend pure body art quality henna powder. Not premixed, not already in a paste.

You may want to pm Sareca or Vixen. They spend a LOT of time researching and answering Henna questions and always seem to know the right answers.

HTH

Softresses

Softresses said:
Hi Ladies,

I am afraid to use ANY henna that is premixed. The results from using henna that has metal compounds in it are so devastating that I am not willing to take a chance.

Therefore I would not recommend it to you. I would only recommmend pure body art quality henna powder. Not premixed, not already in a paste.

You may want to pm Sareca or Vixen. They spend a LOT of time researching and answering Henna questions and always seem to know the right answers.

HTH

Softresses

I PM'd her and said basically the same thing. :)

When you say premixed...What do you mean exactly...Should they be scooping the powder in a brown bag for me...Excuse me if I sound slow...If you go to this website you can see what I mean: www.suprememehandi.com

I am going to return what I bought from that Indiam store & try to find another henna...Thanks for your help in advance ladies, you all are a blessing to sista's trying to grow their hair out : )

Well thank God you waited for other opinions:lol:.

Im going to do some searching. There is probably an Indian store around here that Im not aware of.

Personally I have used this product: http://www.jeetherbals.com/pr1.html and never have a problem.

I bought 2 bags of it from a local Indian grocery store and I am going to use them until I am finished. I have never had a problem with this product.

I also use henna from HennaSooq and I have used henna from Henna for Hair and also from one of their suppliers.

I still never had a problem with the pre-mixed product.

Back