ladylibra_30

keeping a spiral set.

mine last for 2 days...tops.

1-first i wash/con
2-use a leave-in/setting mouse
3-use 30 spiral rods
4-sit under dryer for 1 hour
5-take rods out and then spray with glossifier
6-separate each curl 6x's/or comb out with shower comb if i want voluminous hair
7-when i'm ready for bed i put all my hair in a big satin-lined bonnet and pray that my hair won't be mushed in the a.m. but in the a.m. mushed hair is exactly what i get.

what am i doing wrong?

i really like this style and my sets are beautiful (on the same day that i do it)but the next day is another story...LOL

Having done a couple spiral sets myself let me make a couple suggestions:

Maybe instead of combing or separating your curls you can separate a little to help the curl hold a little. Others on the board have told me that pulling all the curls up to the top of your head and using a clip or loose scrunchi to hold it up and cover with a bonnet works.

If I do a spiral set I do the actual set the day/night before I want to wear it out. Then when I take down the rods I don't seperate the curls. Before going to bed I tuck all the the curls into my satin bonnet. The next morning I seperate them, not completely cause I need some of the curls to last. Same routine at night. My set usually last 4 days before looking worn.

Also, go light on the moisturizer, heavy moisturizing will make the curls droop quick.

HTH

thanks simplycee...

i think i'll try the scrunchi technique when i do the spiral set tonight.

here in miami there are some ladies who sport the 'freeze curl' hair-do and if i don't separate or comb-out the set my hair looks like that...and i don't like that look very much. it looks too done.

i also think i'll lay off the glossifier too.

Back