Please share your shampoo/conditioner recipes!

sunkissedskin

I've done numerous Google searches but I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know of any resources or any recipes of their own for shampoo and conditioners? I really want to start making my own hair products for personal use. Due to my allergies/sensitivities (coconut, chamomile, fragrance, etc), finding commercial products that are both effective and don't cause my skin to react negatively is nearly impossible. I'm tired of constantly dealing with rashes, acne breakouts, flaky scalp, and severe itching. :nono:

Thanks!

^^ Ditto about clay, you can mix it with organic apple cider vinegar massage onto scalp. For diy conditioners - whipped butters or oils. Have you tried looking for a custom made product? Some etsy sellers that could do that.

Or maybe you can buy a shampoo or conditioner base. Texas Natural Beauty Supply has some great shampoo, conditioner, and even butter bases that do not have additives, fragrance, things like that. You can also go to Ingredients To Die For or Essential Wholesale for base options as well.

MileHighDiva Thanks for the link, looks really informative! Going to take a look to see if she has any relatively simple recipes.

You know, I've heard about using clay for cleansing a while ago but I've yet to try it! I should give it a shot!

lenu80 That is actually an amazing idea that I never thought of. To be completely honest...I'm not looking forward to this whole DIY thing. Too lazy. :look: Will definitely check out Etsy to see what the possibilities are. As for butters for conditioning, I've tried using whipped shea butter but I didn't find it that moisturizing? My scalp is *extremely* dry and flaky. :/ I also found it tricky to use, because of the consistency. Meh.

C'mon ladies, I know there are some kitchen chemists lurking out there...help a girl out. D:

Back