Please recommend your staple daily moisturizer!

Keen

I need a daily moisturizer recommendation for my roommate. She would like something to use daily. Something lite and creamy that would not cause buildup and is not greasy. She washes her hair every two weeks (and still has full long healthy gorgeous hair). She complain that hair doesn't grow much but that's because her hairdresser cut 1 to 2 inches whenever she relax, which is about every 2 to 3 months. My roommate likes her hair even and her hairdresser wants to "prevent" split ends by trimming everytime she relaxes. So she wants a daily moisturizer to keep her ends healthier. Her hair is the lengh of DSD's hair but my roommate's hair is fuller and she is a 3b, I think.

I'm in braids more than have of the year and I don't really have a staple daily moisturizer so hopefully you guys will come up with something really good. Beside, I mix stuff together to come up with a daily moisturizer and she doesn't want to mix anything.

PS: Her expectation is great because,although she calls us a hair cult, she has seen the difference in my hair since I've joined this board.

I like Motions oil moisturizer, B & B castor and aloe oil moisturizer and scurl no drip. IF she doesn't want greasy or wet i WOULD NOT recommend s-curl.

I use Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream and Hair Butter. She makes the products right in her kitchen and the hair butter and cream are very light and moisturizing and doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down. It also leaves a great sheen!

EssentialGrowth said:
I use Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream and Hair Butter. She makes the products right in her kitchen and the hair butter and cream are very light and moisturizing and doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down. It also leaves a great sheen!

Do you know there is a website so I can order "Karen's BB Hair Cream? I thought I read somewhere about a store in Brooklyn, off Myrtle Avenue? Is this the same store? How does her products compare with Carol's Daughter?

Thanks in advance!! :)

I love Mango Elasta QP and Keracare Oil Moisturizer (The wone with Jojoba oil in it) :) But my all time favorite that I have come to use in just plain old lite grease from Proline, IMO

neijon said:
Do you know there is a website so I can order "Karen's BB Hair Cream? I thought I read somewhere about a store in Brooklyn, off Myrtle Avenue? Is this the same store? How does her products compare with Carol's Daughter?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Yup, thats the one! I LOVE her products!! And compared to Carol's Daughter products, Karen doesn't include any besswax in the ingredients. Here is whats included in the hair butter/hair cream (it comes in 28 different scents):

Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Aloe butter, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Alkanet Root, Grapefruit Seed Oil, & Vitamin E

These are all natural products made in her kitchen!! Its $16 for an 8 ounce jar, and it's definitely worth the price! It moisturizes and is very light on my hair. I highly recommend her products. :trampolin

EssentialGrowth said:
Here is whats included in the hair butter/hair cream (it comes in 28 different scents):

Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Aloe butter, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Alkanet Root, Grapefruit Seed Oil, & Vitamin E

These are all natural products made in her kitchen!! Its $16 for an 8 ounce jar, and it's definitely worth the price! It moisturizes and is very light on my hair.

Dang!! This sounds toooo good!! 28 different scents?? $16 for 8 oz., huh? :look: That's about the same, or even more than the UBH Moisturizer, I think... :confused:

Thanks ladies. I will check out all your recommendations and pick one (of course my recommenation will be bias since I want her to buy something I can borrow).:D

Keen said:
She complain that hair doesn't grow much but that's because her hairdresser cut 1 to 2 inches whenever she relax, which is about every 2 to 3 months. My roommate likes her hair even and her hairdresser wants to "prevent" split ends by trimming everytime she relaxes.
Cutting off 1 to 2 inches every 2 to 3 months is probably why she thinks her hair doesn't grow much. That is a lot of hair to cut at every relaxer to "prevent" split ends. Are her ends in bad shape? If not, why is she letting a hair stylist cut off so much?

Hair2day said:
UBH Lotion creme moisturizer!!! It is light (will not weigh hair down) The best moisturizer I have every used!! :)

same here , the UBH is great, so is the keracare oil moisturizer with jojoba oil.

I think I may have ended my search now. Over the past few weeks I've been using Summit's Liv (Thanks Nay! I took this from your regimen.) I use it everyday and have noticed zero buildup, and it doesn't make my hair feel greasy at all. My hair is actually soft. I was concerned about water being the first ingredient because I press my hair, but my hair isn't reverting.

Before this I was using Optimum's Oil Therapy: Dry Hair Healer, which initially made my hair soft, but after using it for more than a week, my hair started feeling hard and I was noticing more breakage. If I washed my hair every week, I think it would probably be okay, but I don't.

Her hair is in good shape. It is just look a bit dry and dull a week after she wash. She only wash every two weeks. She let the hairdresser cut it because the back grows faster then the from and she likes all her hair one lenght. But if she cut a little bit on the back but not the front then she would see growth. She's not really looking for more lenght and since her hair grows fast anyway, she doesn't mind.

Allandra said:
Cutting off 1 to 2 inches every 2 to 3 months is probably why she thinks her hair doesn't grow much. That is a lot of hair to cut at every relaxer to "prevent" split ends. Are her ends in bad shape? If not, why is she letting a hair stylist cut off so much?

pressncurl said:
Before this I was using Optimum's Oil Therapy: Dry Hair Healer, which initially made my hair soft, but after using it for more than a week, my hair started feeling hard and I was noticing more breakage. If I washed my hair every week, I think it would probably be okay, but I don't.

Hmm, Optimum sent me a free full bottle of this stuff (thanks to the person on this forum who posted about this freebee), I will have to be careful how I use it.

Back