Please recommend a good creamy leave in conditioner

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I need a decent leave in conditioner that leaves the hair shiny after it dries. Leave in conditioners tend to make my hair look dull or sit on my hair. Can anyone recommend something that works well?

Please do not reccomend knot today or anything aloe vera based.

I need a decent leave in conditioner that leaves the hair shiny after it dries. Leave in conditioners tend to make my hair look dull or sit on my hair. Can anyone recommend something that works well?

Please do not reccomend knot today or anything aloe vera based.

I currently Love Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave in. It's creamy and light and seems to melt into my strands. It has excellent slip as well.

Different products work for different hair types/porosity. Good luck trying everyone's suggestions

Eden bodyworks from sally's. I love the coconut one. Leaves my hair feeling like no other! It's like $7 I think. You can look at all the other products at www.edenbodyworks.com
I have fine strands, low porosity, medium density

Silk dreams wheat germ butter conditioner (has protein)
Pura body naturals murumuru moisture milk
Pura body naturals Sapote hair lotion

Stumbled upon this at whole foods today. So far I really like it and my hair feels moisturized. But I'm only a few hours in. The true test is how my hair feels tomorrow.

Attachments

• image-1831036073.jpg
    image-1831036073.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I'm loving As I Am Leave-in. I layer it with their Moisture Milk and Butter. My hair has bling to spare for the entire week. I purchase from Sallys.

It really depends on your hair type, the condition of your hair and porosity. For me, I'm a 4a, natural with low porosity hair. My hair reacts very well to Shea moisture curl and style milk...and Oyin Hair Dew.

Purabody Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk - Shine for days, softness and moisture for days but hard to get out of the bottle. I don't care for the tahitian vanilla scent either.

As I Am leave in - soft sheeny moisture, I really like, but I tend to want to seal with a butter or something heavy. (contains glycerin)

I have 4b/4c hair.

Last edited:
I use Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion which leaves my hair super soft but I also use Original Moxie Hair Bling to seal so I cannot say for sure if my hair would be shiny if I just used Cur Junkie

Komaza Shea Butter Lotion (online staple) or Eden Body Works Coconut Curl Cream-- (my new on ground leave-in and contender). They probably have aloe in them, most natural products I've encountered do- but they're good products.

Komaza Shea Butter Lotion (online staple) or Eden Body Works Coconut Curl Cream-- (my new on ground leave-in and contender). They probably have aloe in them, most natural products I've encountered do- but they're good products.

Where do u get the eden body work from? I been looking and haven't found it yet

Oyin Hair Dew!!! I bought another liter yesterday.

Dr. cabello is also good - dominican product.

ETA: I don't know any leavein that imparts shine without sealing. My shine comes from sealing with oil.

Last edited:
Napp

Oyins Hair Dew $13.99

Natural by Design Cosmetics Curl Magic Leave in Conditioner $8.25

https://www.etsy.com/listing/130031685/curl-magic-leave-in-conditioner?ref=shop_home_active_3

Natural By Design Cosmetics Nectar Leave in Conditioner $12.25

https://www.etsy.com/listing/123164692/nectar-leave-in-conditioner?ref=shop_home_active_7

Shescentit Cranberry Cream hair Cocktail $12.50

http://www.shescentit.com/cranberry-cream-hair-cocktail/

Curl Junkie smoothing lotion $20.00

http://www.curljunkie.com/Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Lotion-p/casl12.htm

It really depends on your hair type, the condition of your hair and porosity. For me, I'm a 4a, natural with low porosity hair. My hair reacts very well to Shea moisture curl and style milk...and Oyin Hair Dew.
those worked for me as s natural. I am 4a with low porosity as well. But those are more of a moisturizer.

I've been using Kera Care Leave In, it's pretty good. The Natural Textures, although I'm not natural.

as i am leave in conditioner

keracare natural textures leave in conditioner

curls milkshake/ curly q milkshake (curly q is the children's line and costs $4 less than the adult line)

lacio lacio

oyin hair dew

modified kimmy tube leave in recipe (gives me the most sheen/ shine)
2 tbsp of knot today
2 tbsp of aloe vera juice
2 tsp grape seed oil
1 or 2 tsp castor oil

Last edited:
Just Naturals Leave In is the Shiz-ny-ee. Lol

Eta:
I have transitioning hair (15 months post), high porosity relaxed ends and normal porosity new growth. This stuff is magic, moisturizing, and silky on both textures.

Last edited:
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Leave in Conditioner
SheScentIt Coco Creme Leave in Conditioner

I seal with an oil, pomade, or butter for sheen.

Back