Please post your WEN results before and after thanks!!!

BlkOnyx488

I was channel surfing this morning and found the wen infomercial
and I noticed one of their before photos was a botched retouch:nono: where they tried to make the girls hair dull. But I could tell they missed a section.

Then they brought out the sista model with the natural hair and claimed all they did was use WEN as a leave in then put her under the dryer, but her hair definately looked like they did a bantu knot set on her head.:rolleyes:

So feeling like I was being LIED too,:ohwell: I thought I would ask the WEN users
particularly the natural head WEN users to post your IRL before and after pics

thanks in advance!!!!

Did you wonder how they changed that models natural curl pattern just by sitting her under the dryer???

It's so annoying they don't have to lie, I mean it was a beautiful bantu set:rolleyes:
wow, that infomercial just went off too.....perfect timing.

Last edited:
I was channel surfing this morning and found the wen infomercial
and I noticed one of their before photos was a botched retouch:nono: where they tried to make the girls hair dull. But I could tell they missed a section.

Then they brought out the sista model with the natural hair and claimed all they did was use WEN as a leave in then put her under the dryer, but her hair definately looked like they did a bantu knot set on her head.:rolleyes:

So feeling like I was being LIED too,:ohwell: I thought I would ask the WEN users
particularly the natural head WEN users to post your IRL before and after pics

thanks in advance!!!!

I immediately noticed the BS too with the Sister and the others. Come on, it doesn't style your hair straight out the bottle :nono:

Good stuff but don't tell a fibber :(

lol most folks lie about what their products. The before shots are mediocre at best while the after shots are all "SHAZAM!!!" *shing sparkle sparkle* :lachen: You wouldn't buy it if they showed a model who's hair looked like crap afterward. :lol:

I used WEN when relaxed and it was a good product. My grass liked it. Now that I'm natural I've only used it once and I had massive tangles... but I think it was due to the conjunction of products (I attempted to use it as a leave in.) I love the way the almond mint makes my scalp feel but I need something a little heavier since it's cold and I'm not co-washing as often. I have one ounce to use up.

I've been using Wen since the middle of 2009. Although I'm relaxed/ transitioning to texlaxed, when I first joined the board, I stretched for 4 months. I'm not gon lie, the only reason I even felt that was possible was because of Wen. It helped because, even though I had no idea what I was doing, it was just the right thing for my hair at the time- a lot of moisture. I will also confirm that it changed my texture noticeably.

The only warning I would give is to make sure you keep your m-p balance in check. I didn't, cuz I ain't know no better, lol, and ended up with some breakage anyway. Just the relaxed parts, though, cuz the newgrowth was fabulously moist and easy to detangle without causing breakage further down the strand.

I used WEN for a while and no it doesn't change your texture like that ad, it moisturizes your hair. I really liked their DC treatment but it was really expensive and I couldn't CW as often or DC as often cause I had to still use alot. I also didn't like the menthol my eyes couldn't take that anymore.

I also had extra shedding even though my hair wasn't tangled.
It didn't do anything better for me than a good oiling and CW with Suave did, so I went back to my tried and true regimen and saving money.

Janet' uses WEN...i've never seen a WEN informercial or paid attention to it when its on QVC but i wouldn't buy it for the simple facts that a.) they tried to photoshop results and trick me and b.) i dont really get how its different from cowashing, besides the price.

Janet' uses WEN...i've never seen a WEN informercial or paid attention to it when its on QVC but i wouldn't buy it for the simple facts that a.) they tried to photoshop results and trick me and b.) i dont really get how its different from cowashing, besides the price.

That's cause it's not any better it's just thick conditioner with some natural ingredients and way too expensive to boot.

coworker used it....and it made her hair shed like crazy. it was so bad she took a picture for proof and sent them back that bottle to get a refund. she put the shed hair next to the bottle and it looked like a rat was sitting there. it was that much hair.

coworker used it....and it made her hair shed like crazy. it was so bad she took a picture for proof and sent them back that bottle to get a refund. she put the shed hair next to the bottle and it looked like a rat was sitting there. it was that much hair.

Yeah I had shedding too, without tangles and my hair wasn't matted it was really weird. I don't know what mixture they have that's doing it but I went back to my tried and true cheap Suave.

Last edited:

:yep: :yep: I use it exclusively and I LOVE it! Unfortunately, I don't have any before and after pics though...I can tell you though that I haven't had to use shampoo for going on 12 months...My mom introduced me to it and she has been using it exclusively for about 2 years...

Um....attached are some pics of me after Condition Cleansing and a DC...but you don't have anything to compare it to...But naw, girl, it definitely didn't change my texture...:lachen: :lachen: Nah...

Attachments

• Wash Pics Nov 10 014.JPG
    Wash Pics Nov 10 014.JPG
    467.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Wash Pics Nov 10 015.JPG
    Wash Pics Nov 10 015.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Wash Pics Nov 10 016.jpg
    Wash Pics Nov 10 016.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 46
Back