Please post and help me!!!!!

Starburst954

I need big help. I have this big dandruff problem I need help with it cause im scared my hair wont grow if I dont treat this problem:wallbash:. If any of you have had this problem please tell me what you use or what you did use that helped you. Thank You

In actuality, the thing that worked for me when I was in braids was Boundless Tresses.

Now that I've taken the braids out either, BT works for me (when I have some), MN or just cowashing my hair every couple of days.

I'm sure some of the other ladies will chime in, though. Good luck!

Try using a dandruff shampoo. Concentrate the shampoo on your scalp so that it doesn't dry out the rest of your hair. I like Head and Shoulders or Elasta qp scalp stimulating shampoo

Right now- Im loving Ayurvedics- Try making a hair tea with Neem Powder Amla and Brahmi-
After a pre poo of Shikaikai or Amla oil- rinse the oil out of your hair and apply the hair tea. Put on a baggie cap- Scritch. Let penetrate for 15 minutes. Rinse and deep condition your hair- not your scalp and voila.!!!
More info if you search the threads for Ayurvedic
HTH

When I used to wash once a week by day three I would have huge flakes everywhere! I think one of the problems was the Motions conditioner. I stopped using it and began washing at least twice a week and problem solved. Before that I tried everthing, Head n Shoulders, Neutrogena T Gel, etc. Washing more often got it under control.

Coconut oil has completely gotten rid of my dandruff.....I use it as a pre-poo must times I mix it in my conditioner ...I use a applicator brush so I can make sure it gets the scalp, roots and hair....

I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and not a sign of dandruff...I also keep my scalp clean from oils and wash a 1x times a week and co-wash once or 2x a week..prepooing each time....

Neem powder, oil or shampoon, dlewis made a trhead about how the shampoo got rd of her DH's dandruff...

ACV pre-treats or overnight treatments and rinses will do wonders! :yep: Saturate scalp and hair 30 min-1 hr before poo 1-3x per wk!

I forgot, back in the day that KeraCare Dry and Itchy Scalp thingamajic (the red looking kind of grease) helped me too.

I don't use it anymore, though, but I liked the way it made my scalp feel.

Right now- Im loving Ayurvedics- Try making a hair tea with Neem Powder Amla and Brahmi-
After a pre poo of Shikaikai or Amla oil- rinse the oil out of your hair and apply the hair tea. Put on a baggie cap- Scritch. Let penetrate for 15 minutes. Rinse and deep condition your hair- not your scalp and voila.!!!
HTH

Yes I agree this.

The first thing you should do is check and see if any of the products you're using are causing the dandruff. I noticed that almond oil causes huge flakes to form on my scalp, so I stopped using it.

To treat dandruff, you'll need to get a dandruff shampoo. I like this dandruff shampoo from Whole Foods that has Tea Tree Oil in it, which is supposed to prevent flaking. Another thing you should do is alternate dandruff shampoos. When one stops working, you need to use a different brand.

I had bad dandruff problem this summer. My remedy was to clarify more often (w/ suave daily clarifier- clarified once every other week for about 1.5 mos. now I clarify once/month) and started using vatika, amla, and coconut oil on scalp. Before I would avoid putting any product directly to scalp. HTH

I used to have a flakey scalp years ago until I started doing 2 things: washing at least once a week, and stopped putting anything on my scalp (oils, conditioners, anything). Maybe try moisturizing from the inside? Drink more water, eat fatty fish. Someone mentioned greens for scalp health in another thread. Good luck!

HTH

Cosigning on Ayurvedic Solutions- Neem Powder and Tulsi Powder are great for dandruff and skin problems.

I had dry, flaky scalp before I found the Board. Once I started washing more frequently and doing cowashes and prepoos, no more.

Back