PLEASE!!!MY STUDENT NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS!!

amwcah

One of my students was stabbed over the weekend. The knife pierced his heart and lungs. His mom said that his heart stopped for 5 minutes and he is now in a coma state.

In a couple minutes we are having a meeting with the 8th graders to discuss the incident and violence in the city. I'm trying to hurry up and type this, but my tears keep flowing.

Please pray for Kareem Dickerson and his family.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=cfadfc4b-8625-43c5-bd1e-42e7baf8de4f

Oh wow. This is so sad. I cannot even imagine the pain his family must be going through.

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers:Rose:

Lord please take control, we praise you because we know nothing is impossible to him that believeth in you. Take control and hold him in your comfort. I speak healing now onto him, mind, body and soul. I pray for his family and loved ones, father let them trust in you and may their faith not waiver, show yourself to them. Let his recovery be a symbol of your goodness and his life from now on be used to glorify your name. I thank you because you have heard our prayers. I praise you, worship and exault your holy name. May you be glorified now and forever more Amen.

Naijaqueen said:
Lord please take control, we praise you because we know nothing is impossible to him that believeth in you. Take control and hold him in your comfort. I speak healing now onto him, mind, body and soul. I pray for his family and loved ones, father let them trust in you and may their faith not waiver, show yourself to them. Let his recovery be a symbol of your goodness and his life from now on be used to glorify your name. I thank you because you have heard our prayers. I praise you, worship and exault your holy name. May you be glorified now and forever more Amen.

Standing in agreement-
Sorry to hear this, so undeserved

amwcah said:
One of my students was stabbed over the weekend. The knife pierced his heart and lungs. His mom said that his heart stopped for 5 minutes and he is now in a coma state.

In a couple minutes we are having a meeting with the 8th graders to discuss the incident and violence in the city. I'm trying to hurry up and type this, but my tears keep flowing.

Please pray for Kareem Dickerson and his family.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=cfadfc4b-8625-43c5-bd1e-42e7baf8de4f

Oh my goodness this really hurts. :cry:

Amwcah, please know that this young man and his family are in my prayers and so are you.

I am praying that God would heal him 100%. Lord dispatch angels to minister healing to Kareem and Lord cause him to walk in the path that you designed for him, unhindered in Jesus name. Amen and amen.

My prayers are with him and his family. I also pray for you, to keep you strong so that you can be there for those other students who need your strength. God is in charge and all is well.

Update! Kareem is still in a medically induced coma. He will be in this condition for at least another week or so due to the extensive surgeries he has undergone.

Please continue to keep him and his family in your prayers! Thank you!!:)

thank you for posting the update.

amwcah said:
Update! Kareem is still in a medically induced coma. He will be in this condition for at least another week or so due to the extensive surgeries he has undergone.

Please continue to keep him and his family in your prayers! Thank you!!:)

I am certainly parying for this young man and his family. I'm sorry I am so late getting to this thread. I have such limited computer access. God be with him and his family.

good2uuuu said:
I am certainly parying for this young man and his family. I'm sorry I am so late getting to this thread. I have such limited computer access. God be with him and his family.

I'm praying as well.

Good to see you, good2uuuu. Haven't seen you in a while.

Blessings.

weaveitup said:
8th graders?! my goodness. i just sent out a prayer for him :(

OT: You and your husband are going to have a beautiful baby...you guys are good looking couple!

Blessings to you and your family!

Update. Thank you ladies for all your prayers!

Kareem is permanently disabled. His mom quit her job to take care of him. He has a 24 hour nurse. He is unable to talk or communicate. It is not known if he is aware of his surroundings. Every hour his tubes leading from his bladder and throat has to be cleaned.

In December, Kareem began going to another school. His mom faught the school board hard to make this happen. She is so thrilled that he is going to school.

I have spoken to his mom since the incident. It took everything in me not to burst into tears while I was speaking to her. She is very hopeful. She says, "He is my son and I will love him no matter what."

There was a recent article in the paper about Kareem going back to school, but I was unable to retrieve it to post here. Actually the article was a couple of pages long. I began reading the article and I didn't even realize it was Kareem in the picture. He looks like a totally different personal. He was very large for his age, but now he actually looks significantly younger due to the weightloss.

Below are three articles I was able to get in there entirety.

Victim of June stabbing released from hospital
Posted by [URL="http://blog.syracuse.com/news/about.html"]Douglass Dowty[/URL] September 04, 2007 9:08PM

Categories: Breaking News, City News, Crime & Safety
A 14-year-old boy stabbed in Syracuse nearly three months ago was released today from University Hospital.
Kareem Dickerson, of Onondaga Avenue, was stabbed in the heart during a fight June 9 at Merriman Avenue and Massena Street, according to city police.
Damarion L. Archie, 17, was charged with first-degree assault and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon. He remains in jail without bail.

Indictment in teen stabbing dismissed by judge

Posted by [URL="http://blog.syracuse.com/news/about.html"]Jim O'Hara[/URL] November 13, 2007 12:19PM

Categories: Breaking News, City News, Crime & Safety
A city teenager accused of stabbing another youth in the heart, leaving the victim permanently disabled, had the charges dismissed today for insufficient evidence.
Damarion Archie, 17, was accused of assaulting 13-year-old Kareem Dickerson June 9 during what police said was a fight over the proposed sale of a knockoff pair of diamond earrings.
Defense lawyer Marsha Hunt said County Judge Joseph Fahey agreed with her that the prosecution erred in not giving the grand jury any instructions about justification given the defense's self-defense contention. Fahey said the prosecution can present the case to a new grand jury.
Assistant District Attorney Mark Moody said he would have to review the matter to decide whether to take the case to a new grand jury or appeal Fahey's dismissal ruling.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Article 2 of 6, Article ID: 0712150089
Published on December 15, 2007[/SIZE][/FONT]FATAL STABBING CHARGES DROPPED [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The prosecution asked Onondaga County Judge Joseph Fahey on Friday to reconsider his ruling dismissing an indictment against a teenager accused of stabbing another youth in the heart.
On the other side, the defense asked Fahey to consider releasing the defendant from jail given the dismissal of the case. Neither side got want it wanted.
Fahey rejected lawyer Marsha Hunt's request to free Damarion Archie, 17, from jail pending any future action by another grand jury. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Back