Please Ladies, tell Me this is Okay..........

Leesh

I have been Protective styling with cornrows for stretching purposes, under wigs, I just took them out after almost four weeks, and the amount of hair that I lost is tremendous, should I be nervous, has anyone else experienced an enormous amount of loss after haveing cornrows for whatever purpose, Sew-In, braid extensions, what have You, if so share Your story with Me, Please, comfort Me.

no need to be worried. its accumulated hair that would have come out if you had been combing your hair everyday only its multiplied by 28 (days) cause thats how long since you've combed your hair. That being said, I cant seem to emotionally deal with all that shed hair coming out at once either which is why i dont do braids anymore. Just make sure that the hairs have bulbs (i.e. shed hair) and that there arent too many broken pieces.

Lol, it's just all the hair that shed over those four weeks finally coming out. Because of the braids, they shed and never fell out. They just sat. So when you took out the braids, out they came. It's normal.

that's normal, when I take down my sew in there is alot of shed hair. That's just the hair that couldn't come out because your hair has been braided up. As long as the pieces are long with white bulbs your safe. If they're broken pieces then you have a problem.

It's normal.

I took out cornrows on Friday night after they were in for 20 days. There was a lot of hair but once it was all washed & deep conditioned, I didn't notice any loss of length or loss of thickness.

Phew! Thank You my Sisters, I feel a lot better now, and yes that makes a lot of sense the accumulation, ok so next time I won't panick and run to the board screamin bloody murder, I was so nervous I couldn't even type, I was skippin over keys, just looking like a maniac. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back