Please Help

tlmack

Ok, I washed my hair last night. I braided it in about 8 french braids. I hooded dried for about 15 min and air dried while I went to sleep. I woke up it was still wet in the back. I hooded dried for another 5 min and took the braids out. The hair was wavy, but I don't like it. I feel like I look like Freddy from A Different World. It's just too much shrinkage for me.

I don't know if I should try againg and roll the ends, or if I should rewet and put it in a bun, or if I should just blow dry with a regular dryer a liitle more in the back and press it out.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm trying to do protective styling.

I guess I have all weekend to get it right, but I need some advice and suggestions.

Please help.

P.S. I started combing the waves in the front and know it's frizzy.

awww i like freddy's hair, ok since you have longer hair and want a protective style i would slick it into a pony oil the ends and bun it. resist the heat. the thing i figured out about braid outs and twist outs is leave them alone the more you mess with them the bigger/frizzier your hair will get
sidebar: your press looks great

Thank you. I think I'm really going to have to grow it much longer before I like the look of it. Is that you on your homepage. Your hair is gorgeous!

I'll try to slick it. With water or KeraCare glaze?

Or something else to slick it?

tlmack,
the same happened to me when I did it on my hair while wet. I looked like I had a dried out jerri curl...lol.

What worked MUCH better for me was to let my hair air dry first, at least most of the way. then moisturize each section and braid. then tie down, and when I woke up I dipped my fingers in oil, and took them out, separated and fluffed. sometimes I use frizz serum ot hair polisher on it and that helps too. spray a little sheen on it and go. it even holds up in this FL humidity pretty well! try it on dry hair, I promise it will look better!

U can push it back in a headband or put it up in a clip and it looks like u have wavy hair, its cute I think.this is usually how I wear my hair when its down unless it was done at the salon.

Thank you guys. I will give it a try again. Right now, I rewet my hair and am letting it airdry in a ponytail. So far so good.

I may try it again in two weeks or I may try and do a spiral look with a rollerset somehow?

I will try the braid out again though.

Practice makes perfect.

thanks that was my best weave ever. i got a pretty good spiral look with my flat twist out. i found that if i twisted in pretty even sections the sprials were more uniform.

Back