Please help wavy weave!!

moore.1506

Hello, I am getting a wavy weave today I need to know how to blend it with my hair, should I braid the weave itself so that I can just do a braid out myself? Please help or refeer me to where I can find the answer :look:

If need be I can include pictures

ok so here are some more details my hair is straight right now

[/IMG]/IMG][/IMG]
img0099.jpg

picture of the weave
img0103.jpg

sorry don't know how to make them smaller, they are from my camera phone

My tips:

*The less leave-out hair the better and eaiser the blending will be

*For this type, medium to large 2 strand twists prob would work. Twist your hair and incorp the weave hair that is right under it so that it makes a continuous 'wave' when you take it down...instead of your hair twisted then the weave twisted. (hope that makes sense)

* Keep ur hair moisturized and soft...this will have it blend better. You may want to use a butter or something similar to aid in 'hold' instead of a gel.

*Trail and error---this is what it will come down too...but GOOD LUCK!

My tips:

*The less leave-out hair the better and eaiser the blending will be

*For this type, medium to large 2 strand twists prob would work. Twist your hair and incorp the weave hair that is right under it so that it makes a continuous 'wave' when you take it down...instead of your hair twisted then the weave twisted. (hope that makes sense)

* Keep ur hair moisturized and soft...this will have it blend better. You may want to use a butter or something similar to aid in 'hold' instead of a gel.

*Trail and error---this is what it will come down too...but GOOD LUCK!

thats what I was thinking but im just not sure cause im transitioning so my roots are looking a little thick :look:

maybe I could use some sort of pomade or butter to flatten out my roots?

Since you are transitioning you should straighten your leave out and then do the braid out but make sure the products you put on isn't too liquidy because it will make your roots revert. I had wavy hair and messed up one time by putting mousse to do a braidout so my hair went back super curly and it didn't blend.

You're going to need a pomade. For blending my hair with wavy weaves, I use Fantasia Ice Pomade. It comes in a clear jar, that 'vibrates' when you tap it. You can get it at any BSS. And you're going to need a hard bristle brush and a fine tooth comb. But be careful. Try not to manipulate your hair too much, your hair that is left out because it will break.

Since you are transitioning you should straighten your leave out and then do the braid out but make sure the products you put on isn't too liquidy because it will make your roots revert. I had wavy hair and messed up one time by putting mousse to do a braidout so my hair went back super curly and it didn't blend.

thanks! esp about the liquidy product I will keep that in mind

You're going to need a pomade. For blending my hair with wavy weaves, I use Fantasia Ice Pomade. It comes in a clear jar, that 'vibrates' when you tap it. You can get it at any BSS. And you're going to need a hard bristle brush and a fine tooth comb. But be careful. Try not to manipulate your hair too much, your hair that is left out because it will break.

yeah I don't want to mess up my hair because im trying to do this weave as a protective style.

Do you ladies think I could wet the weave (its human) and braid it and create a braid out with the weave so that I would not have to use heat at all? Btw I just got finished getting it done, I will post pics once I have blended it

Back