Please help this newbie out..I want longer hair

imaqt

hello ladies..im new to the board. just a brief background..Ive been braiding my hair since last august after cutting it very short. my hair is now almost shoulder length. and of course since ive had braids in for a year it is now fully natural. i would consider my hair to be thin and healthy. I plan on braiding it for a couple of more months then perming it but in the meantime i what can i do to help my hair grow? as far as vitamins im only taking one a day. when i shampoo use pantene prov for natural hair. I also use their conditoner and queen helene olive oil conditioner. i read some post about castor oil, biotin and flaxseed oil can you give me some insight on this..thanks alot

:welcome2:to the forum. The best piece of advice I can give you is to be patient. Don't over do it because you may cause more harm than good. What works for one fellow lhcf sistah may not work best for you.

Here are the things that most have found success with:

-Low manipulation
-Frequent washing
-Moisturizing daily
-Protective styles
-Sleeping with a silk or satin scarf or satin pillow case
-Read Sistasilk's Thread "Breakage 101"

hello ladies..im new to the board. just a brief background..Ive been braiding my hair since last august after cutting it very short. my hair is now almost shoulder length. and of course since ive had braids in for a year it is now fully natural. i would consider my hair to be thin and healthy. I plan on braiding it for a couple of more months then perming it but in the meantime i what can i do to help my hair grow? as far as vitamins im only taking one a day. when i shampoo use pantene prov for natural hair. I also use their conditoner and queen helene olive oil conditioner. i read some post about castor oil, biotin and flaxseed oil can you give me some insight on this..thanks alot

Hi! You can use the following:

Time, patience, and consistency with a regimen customized for your hair type!

I know you didn't want to hear that but here is what helps some people out.

Vitamins I use from time to time:

Biotin--growth, thickness, etc. Can be known to break some people out although it doesn't make me shed a pimple.

Silica or horsetail----growth

MSM---groth or thickness

Flax---I use it sometimes but not quite sure what it does for me

I also drink carrot juice, aloe vera juice, and protein shakes from time to time.
Castor oil is good for thickening the hair strand temporarily and sealing after moisturizing. I use to use Queen Helen for a minute but now when I deep condition I use ORS which is similar to Queen Helene.

:welcome3:BAGGING AND KEEPING MY HAIR WITH MOISTURE HAS HELP ME. OH YEAH:timer:HAPPY GROWING I AM I BRAIDS UNTIL NEXT YEAR:yep:TRYING TO GET MY GROWTH ON.

Back