PLEASE HELP.......This itchy scalp is driving me crazy!

kedda0720pooh

Ladies please help me! I have a bad case of itchy scalp:wallbash: I don't have flakes or dandruff. It's just itching all the time mainly the crown of my head. Now I know its not product build up because I co-wash my hair every other day and I only use coconut oil on my scalp. I'm transtioning and I chopped most of the relaxer hair off. I had this same issue as a child before I started getting relaxers. And now I've been having this issue for about a month :perplexed. So what could it be??? Or what could use to make it stop???

I've tried V05 clarifying conditioner and baking soda

Hmm you tried a clarifying shampoo? That's the only thing I could think of unless you have a fungal infection on your scalp. I would use a clarifying shampoo not con and see if that helps. If not maybe try MN since it helps with fungal infection. I'm sure other ladies more experienced will chime in though! HTH!

i wish the search function was working because gymfreak has an interesting thread on this. she found out that her itchy scalp was due to the conditioning shampoo she was using (con) sometimes you have to use something to detox your scalp. it could be build up. i think she used a strong clarifying shampoo and that helped out. if you are against shampoo you can try a vinegar rinse.

Hmm you tried a clarifying shampoo? That's the only thing I could think of unless you have a fungal infection on your scalp. I would use a clarifying shampoo not con and see if that helps. If not maybe try MN since it helps with fungal infection. I'm sure other ladies more experienced will chime in though! HTH!

That's what I was going to say.:yep:

when i have an itchy scalp i know its time to wash with shampoo or clarify my scalp......

the acv might also help

aslo maybe try jojoba on your scalp instead of the coconut oil....it resembles the skins natural sebum.

hth

i wish the search function was working because gymfreak has an interesting thread on this. she found out that her itchy scalp was due to the conditioning shampoo she was using (con) sometimes you have to use something to detox your scalp. it could be build up. i think she used a strong clarifying shampoo and that helped out. if you are against shampoo you can try a vinegar rinse.

OK so I'll try a clarifying shampoo and if it doesn't work I'll try to vinger rinse. I'm willing to try anything at this point.:sad:

maybe an allergic reaction to something. Try to monitor when it starts itching like after u eat/drink. Def check ur hair products. Sulfates (SLS) always make me itchy.

My mom's scalp had been really itchy for a while so she finally went to the doctor. After telling her doctor her symptoms they did a patch test on her scalp and it turns out she had some type of fungus. The doctor was able to prescribe her a medicated shampoo, plus some type of pill prescription and her scalp has been feeling a lot better.

My mom's scalp had been really itchy for a while so she finally went to the doctor. After telling her doctor her symptoms they did a patch test on her scalp and it turns out she had some type of fungus. The doctor was able to prescribe her a medicated shampoo, plus some type of pill prescription and her scalp has been feeling a lot better.

^^^^^:yep:
That's what I was thinking when I read your post. Before going to the derm, give garlic oil a try. The anti fungal properties might help. If it doesn't, then at least you know you gave it a try. Hope you are able to resolve this issue.

Back