Please Help Stinky Hair Problem

Solti

I put some dayum neem oil in my hair washed it out with shampoo and conditioner. :wallbash: Now it stinks to high heaven!

It feels and looks great though!

How do I get the stink out? I have to go out to an event later.:perplexed

Well i am assuming you used it straight. Unfortunately you will have to wait until it fades. the only thing i suggest is keep your hair open. i don't know if you use heat or not. if you use heat then the smell really becomes strong. Neem for the hair should always be used with a carrier oil like almond or coconut etc. now say a person has acne one can use it straight on a pimple by dotting it on with a Qtip.
But i am glad your hair came out nice:drunk:

Om Tat Sat

I hate using the oil for ANYTHING... I think I bought it for acne and only had a little bit and was about to throw it away. I threw it in my hair thinking I would be able to tolerate the smell one last time if I shampooed and rinsed it out well. I think its one of those things I can only smell but I HATE the smell of that oil. I think hate is too lax of a word for my feelings towards the scent.

Thanks Lakshmi for the advice. I don't use heat. I guess I'm running errands with the windows down today.

Well i am assuming you used it straight. Unfortunately you will have to wait until it fades. the only thing i suggest is keep your hair open. i don't know if you use heat or not. if you use heat then the smell really becomes strong. Neem for the hair should always be used with a carrier oil like almond or coconut etc. now say a person has acne one can use it straight on a pimple by dotting it on with a Qtip.
But i am glad your hair came out nice:drunk:

Om Tat Sat

Look at those beautiful babies!!!

I know what you mean. That stuff is horrible smell wise. I let mine air dry and it was just about gone the next night.

Wooo, been there done that! I even accidentally used some stuff I mixed up a long time ago on my ends the other day and was wondering why I kept smelling garlic. NEEM oil. You can do some "Beyonce in concert" moves and swing your head around for a few days to let it air out or wash it out.

Wooo, been there done that! I even accidentally used some stuff I mixed up a long time ago on my ends the other day and was wondering why I kept smelling garlic. NEEM oil. You can do some "Beyonce in concert" moves and swing your head around for a few days to let it air out or wash it out.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Yup that should work.

I am curious about using neem oil onthe hair - I use it to control insects and mildew on my roses (outside in the garden, it smells almost lemony) - what does it do for your hair?

Back