Please help! Question about ahort hairs!

growinghealthyhair

I have been taking very good care of my hair for the past year at least. And it truly shows. My nape is now at least two and a half inches and previously for the past three plus years it's been short like I shaved and just wouldn't grow. My edges are also growing and I never thought they would either. So here is my question , I've been sticky wiggling it up and yesterday I had my friend braid my hair in two corn rows so I could put on my new wig. Well I notices some patches of short hairs once my hair was braided. I'm wondering is my hair breaking or is this just new hair growing? My hair is usually thin a d it has thickens up so Much and I never noticed any breakage. Just hoping its possible for to be new hair growing in places it wasn't before.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I've been using wigs, too, and have found that if they are too tight, the friction will damage my hairline. I am now on a break from wigs, to say the least.

i wish i had a good answer. my initial thoughts would be that if it's actual patches/sections of short hair then it's breakage but if it's just a few hairs here and there, then it's probably just hair growing in to replace shed hair.

hopefully others come and chime in

i wish i had a good answer. my initial thoughts would be that if it's actual patches/sections of short hair then it's breakage but if it's just a few hairs here and there, then it's probably just hair growing in to replace shed hair.

hopefully others come and chime in

No it's just a few hairs here and there, and the rest of the hair around it seems to be fine. Thats why I was thinking maybe it's not breakage...But then I didn't know if it was possible for hair to, just sprout up in the middle of your head like that. I've been taking care of my hair and don't use heat on it and only detangle with my fingers or a really wide tooth comb.

I know what you're talking about, but I am afraid I can be much help. I also wear wigs and take what i would call good care of my hair underneath. When I braid my hair into 4-6 cornrows I also notice short hairs sticking up. Some of the hairs I attribute to just sticking out of the braid , so the it appears short but most of the length is in the braid.

Others of the hairs I believe to be new hairs since my hair continually gets thicker and the others are just curled tightly and appear short. I have been wigging full-time for nearly 2 years so I know they can't all be broken hairs.

It's totally possible. I have short patches of thick fluffy new growth, throughout after a "gel" incident 2 yrs ago. The only way to "fix" this issue is to cut all your hair back down to the shortest patch. That will not be me!!

Your description doesn't sound like breakage to me - just naturally uneven growth. If you saw tufts of short hair, then I would attribute it to breakage.

Thanks so much guys!! I am happy my hair is thickening up. I never knew that was possible once ur hair has thinned out(improper care). I'm praying for a new head of hair in the next two years. Y'all won't be able to tell me noting lol.

Back