Please Help!!! My hair is lope sided!

bgyrl

Hey everyone! I have a question. For graduation last year I put tracks in my head and when I took them out my hair was shorter on one side than the other :mad:. I was so frustrated because I thought my hair would grow and be healthy because I had the tracks braided in and not glued in. I just got braids after that; I didn't want to have to deal with the stress. I asked my ex-beautitian (I am doing the no heat challenge and plus she was burning my hair out and claimed the reason my hair was shedding is because of stress Yea Right!) do I have to cut my hair off on the longer side to make it even. She told me no and that my hair will catch up with the other side.

Well I had braids in off and on for about 6 months and I still notice that one side is longer than the other (its not that much of a difference in length, the longer side is probably about half an inch longer than the other). Please help, I don't want to have to cut my hair.

Last edited:
bgyrl said:
Hey everyone! I have a question. For graduation last year I put tracks in my head and when I took them out my hair was shorter on one side than the other :mad:. I was so frustrated because I thought my hair would grow and be healthy because I had the tracks braided in and not glued in. I just got braids after that; I didn't want to have to deal with the stress. I asked my ex-beautitian (I am doing the no heat challenge and plus she was burning my hair out and claimed the reason my hair was shedding is because of stress Yea Right!) do I have to cut my hair off on the longer side to make it even. She told me no and that my hair will catch up with the other side.

Well I had braids in off and on for about 6 months and I still notice that one side is longer than the other (its not that much of a difference in length, the longer side is probably about half an inch longer than the other). Please help, I don't want to have to cut my hair.

Girl, I am the same way. I just work my majorly uneven hair. I have had to cut the longer side more as my hair grows, but it is all good. It starts getting more even quickly and before you know it it will be all good.

Check out the "cut it until its even" thread. That may be helpful.

trim_comparison_line-vi.jpg

My hair was a whopping 1.5 inches longer on one side. I cut it even about this time last year. I didn't grow back like that.

I'm going to take the risk and say almost everybody have hair longer on one side. I don't know if its the side they sleep on or the side that they manipulate the most. For instance, the side that I sleep on, is noticeable to me, to be more shorter than my right side. It even looks like I have more breakage on that side. I've been treating my left side gentlier than usual to see if I can break the cycle.

Back