Please help me!

Neta74

I recently joined this site and am overwhelmingly impressed with the advise you all give. I have a bit of a problem. I have to go to a high school reunion in about a week(OMG has it been ten years?!!) and am in the midst of transition. I am tired of using chemicals and soooo much heat on my hair so I thought I would go natural for a while. Problem is, I fear the big chop with all my heart.I was planning on pressing my hair and was wondering if any of you could tell me any products (oil, balm, conditioner) that would keep my hair healthy... or healthier and still help me get a nice, straight press and curl. I have been reading about AZJeeepgirl's straightening balm but am not sure if that will be enough since my hair is as frizzy as a birds nest.

Thanks for all your help in advance, Neta /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

PS:
Thanks for the welcome Adrienne! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just so you all know my situation: I've got about 2inches of new growth and this is the only time I plan on using "real" heat in the forseeable future.

Thanks again.

i have no advice for pressing... it's been so long. i just wanted to welcome you! i'm sure some of the other ladies will have advice for you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Hi Neta74,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif We have many ladies here who press their hair, and they will be able to give you some tips. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have not pressed my hair in years but I find that pressing without oil gives me a good press. I would grease my hair afterwards with pressing oil and my hair would be dark and shiny. I heard the Ultra Sheen Satin or cream press is excellent but I have never tried it.

Hi Neta and welcome! /images/graemlins/wave.gif I just HAVE to thrown in my recommendation for using the Jilbere Ceramic to press your hair. I only do it like once a month but I put it on a low setting, like 5-8, and I use a little WGO on each section. It gets my natural roots, the texturized portion and my relaxed ends straight as though the whole thing was relaxed. Also I use the New Image Damage Free Thermal Styling Conditioner as a leave in on my wet hair. I let it air dry in several braids over night before pressing. Hope this helps some.

Back