Please help me!!!

shae101s

Okay guys I am in a rut..last year I did the BC and well it's been pretty great, till now for the past few months my hair has been so dry and brittle feeling. Also it seems to have stopped growing. I have 4b natural hair and it's a lot of it...I need any help in growing my hair, growing my breaking edges and to get more moisture in...Please help!! :sad::perplexed:bye:

Find styles where you don't need to manipulate your hair alot. What styles are you currently wearing and hmm...I know you're deep conditioning, what are you using, there could be so many factors as to why your growth seems to of slowed.

My regime is I wash every Fri and condition for sure.
I usually spray my hair with water everyday and add some form of a moisturizer to it
I only wear twists, puffs and cornrows..and very rarely braids.
the EVOO doesn't work for me :(
Let me know what you guys have used to re-grow your edges and to boost your hair growth.

It may just be that you need to change products. I know some will not agree with that but I found that as my hair got longer certain products did not work as well. All of the products that I have now are staples.

Also make sure that you are eating a good diet, exercising, drinking the proper amount of water and you may want to consider vitamins and one growth aide.

I agree that you should deep condition for 45-60 mins with heat after every wash. HTH

Last edited:
My regime is I wash every Fri and condition for sure.
I usually spray my hair with water everyday and add some form of a moisturizer to it
I only wear twists, puffs and cornrows..and very rarely braids.
the EVOO doesn't work for me :(
Let me know what you guys have used to re-grow your edges and to boost your hair growth.

Maybe you should try castor oil or virgin palm kernel oil or shea butter. Add 5-10 drops of tea tree oil, peppermint or rosemary oil and massage to help stimulate growth.

I agree with carameldiva, the products I used a year ago are not my staples now. I like using world's of curl,s-curl, or donnie's curl activators for moisture and sealing with castor oil. Also try baggying at night. Put your products on your hair at night and throw on a plastic cap. I looooove baggies.

Have you tried a search for hair growth aids. I was using MN ( Monostat) with Profectiv growth lotion mixed in and my hair grew a lot. I cut my hair a little above bsl in Dec and started using MN in Jan. My hair grew 5 inched in 6 1/2- 7 months. If MT does not work , I will be going back to MN. PM me if you have any question about MN or MT.:yep:

Back