please help me !!!

LilMizzDede

hi i am getting a trim tommorow but i wondering if anyone knows any good leave-in strengtheners/conditioners for my hair.My hair is getting longer but it will never grow healthy if it always breaks off.......please help me thanks......

It sounds like you are needing more moisture. Are you using heat like curling irons on your hair to cause the breakage? How often are you washing/conditioning your hair?
What is your current hair regimen?

I use a good moisturizing conditioner (Nexxus Humectress) and leave-in (Nexxus Headress).

yes i still do use the curling iron but i only use it on the back of my hair cuz i wear half pony tails but i wash my hair every week and i deep condition it sit under the dryer for 30 min then i add this stuff my hair stylist gave me for my ends but it doesn't really work i leave it in for five minutes then rinse it out. but that's pretty much all i don't have a big regime.

What did your stylist give to you for your ends. When you say it doesn't really work, do you mean it isn't moisturizing your ends? It doesn't sound like a daily moisturizer.

That curling iron may have to be set aside for awhile. You don't need a big regime, just a good one that works. Please list what you are currently using as well as your hair type (if you know it) so we can assist you better.

my stylist gave me this stuff called Extreme CAT and it's supposed to strengthen my ends it doesn't really help thought it seems like everytime i get done washing it out it makes my hair feel drier on the ends.But she told me to use the product only 1 time a week(everytime i wash my hair)that's how often i use it though.Sometimes i switch shampoo's and conditioners but lately i've been using pantene pro-v for colored women and i use herbal cholesterol. i really don't know what my hair type is it's relaxed though, i'm going to need a touch up soon though.

Pantene pro-v is NOT good for everyone. That line definately dried my hair out to the point of breaking off worse than it already was at the time I was using it. You need moisturizing products. Something I looked forward to using is Salerm 21 leave-in. The ladies have raved this product so that might be something you want to look into. My hair is 4b the "typical" AA hair- kinky and thick. This site has a guide to help you figure out your hair type.

If your hair is fine stranded like mine, I would suggest you totally lay off the curling iron < no heat whatsoever>. I even air dry my roller set. I use Redken's anti-snap to give my ends protein but I first apply s-curl to my ends b4 the redken's anti-snap to keep it from drying out my ends.
Try s-curl on your ends. I hate pantene products especially their psuedo detergent of a clarifying shampoo.

I have been using Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost on my ends for a couple of weeks now...and it is really saving them! It's a split ender mender/leave in. Maybe you could give it a try. You can get it for a good price off of ebay. I think in salons it sells for $15 +.

Like greAtness333...Pantene Pro V dried my hair and scalp out like whoa when I used it a few months ago. I only used it once too. The Shampoo has 5 types of alcohol in it.
frown.gif

Motions nourish leave in both detangles and strengthens. Be careful with Infusim 23, dont use too much or your hair will go dry and hard due to too much protein.

It sounds to me as if your hair doesn't get enough moisture. You say you wash once a week and condition. How do you moisturize every day? I think you should definitely purchase a leave in conditioner that you would apply to your hair every day. Also, after applying that you should add some oil to your ends (carrot or olive oil work great).

Back