Please help me with my Regimen...

caltron

I am relaxed with hair that loves to poof. I like to use products that are a little heavier than what most people like to use to weigh it down a bit so that it stays sleek and doesn't poof.

The only products I use are Mane N Tail Shampoo and Conditioner, Coconut Oil or a light pressing oil to flat iron every two to three days, and a tiny bit of Design Essentials mosturizing lotion every two to three days if it starts to feel dry.

I wash my hair once a week and I use the Mane N Tail Conditioner as a Leave-In and it has done wonders for my hair in keeping it straight and non poofy. My fingers just slip through my hair when I use it and it feels like a dream. I blow it out and then flat iron it and it gets and stays incredibly straight during the week. I have no breakage or split ends even though I flat iron daily on low heat.

My only small complaint is that my hair feels a tad bit too weighed down and it seems there is a film on it. I'd like my hair to be a little more bouncy with more shine, but the products that seem to work for everyone else don't control my poof.

I'm wondering if I should use a clarifying shampoo every now and then or change up my routine somewhat. I'm pretty satisfied with my regimen, but I think it needs a little tweak.

Does any one have any suggestions? Also, can anyone tell me what kind of hair I have and what kinds of things would work best on it? I keep reading about low porosity hair, etc., and it's really confusing me.

For my hair, i use Creme of Natrue detangling/moisturinzing shampoo
and dc for an hour w/o heat with ORS replenishing pak (not the one in the bottle because the pak and bottle have different ingrediants)
then apply scurl after washing out conditioner on 95% dry hair. And lightly seal with EVOO. Key word lightly.
Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much! My hair used to do well with Creme of Nature too, so I think we may have a similar hair. I will definitely try this out.

Back