Please help me with my idea to protect my hair

bee

Hi Ladies! I was looking at KitchenTician's fotki the other day, and I realized that I need some help. I am currently transitioning. My new growth is of the 4zzz persuasion. I have been wearing my hair straight for awhile and I have to use heat every day to achieve the style I want. I don't want to keep doing that so I have decided to make a straight-styled, wig cap. Thing is, I'm not quite sure if I will do more harm than good.

My hair on the sides is thin, almost bald. It has been that way since I was a child. Over the summer, I applied some permanent color to my nape area and my hair broke off down to the scalp. As you can tell, I have issues! I initially wanted to wear a bun to grow out my relaxer but the aforementioned issues, prevent that from happening.

What do you ladies think about wearing my wig cap 90% of the time? I plan to wear a conditioning cap under the wig cap to prevent breakage. It would be like baggying my whole head. Would this create more problems trying to thicken up my sides and nape, while growing out the relaxer?

Back