Please help me with my edges

kaykay

I used to get braids all the time when I was younger thinking that they would grow my hair better even though they were really tight. Now my edges seemed to have stopped growing and my hairdresser told me that for every 2 strands that was pulled out only 1 grows back in. Can anyone tell me if this is true or is their a way to get it to grow back?

I haven't experienced this yet but I know some put castor oil on their edges to stimulate hair growth there.

Kaykay,

Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 increases hair growth. Search the forum for threads about the potential benefits and side effects. I'm using it to fill in the sparse patches I have at my temples from years of tight braids.
smile.gif

Thanks Isis and megonw I think that I am going to get BOTH and alternate because I am really upset about my sides. I was thinking it was never going to grow back.

Nioxin Follicle Booster and Profectiv anti thinning cirrulant cream grew my hairline and 3 bald spots back in.
OF course there are others on the board that said it did
not work for them.
I saw results in two weeks with the follice booster.

You know what kay? I had almost non-existant temple hair and my sides aint so hot either (although they are easier to cover with the surrounding hair). I tried Nioxin, castor oil, Nexxus Biotin creme, etc. I probably didnt use any one long enough because I became impatient and discouraged. I remembered the one time my hair grew like a weed even though I didnt take care of it...back in the 80's when I had a jherri curl. So, I decided to just concentrate on keeping those areas moist and voila!!! Slowly but surely, these areas are filling in. Another thing that I think helped was to avoid putting relaxer on those areas. So, Surge for growth, Carefree Curl Gold spray for moisture, and no chemicals in those areas, seems to be working for me. Good luck.

I also dont relax my hairline if I feel there is not enough
newgrowth and it has help tremendously.
When I relaxed after 6 or 7 weeks my hair would break off again.

I do that also. Just be really gentle with it, use some kind of stimulating creme or spray, and keep it moist.

Thank you ladies for the comments I have noticed so many things that I am doing wrong since I posted. Also everyone of your posts are telling me something because I never thought about just my sides.

To Lunalight7 I have been using designers touch carefree curl to moisturize my hair sometimes and my hairdresser told me that it is making my hair curl up and that is why it gets messy fast. I was wondering do you think the gold spray will do the same.

Hi Kaykay:

Hope I'm not too late with my answer. Most of the products mentioned here really do work, however, the only product that worked for my sister is ORS (organic root stimulator) temple balm. Everyone including my sister's hair dresser thought that my sister had permanant hair damage from braiding too tight and too long.

I was in shock when she showed me the front of her head recently. You have to be very patient because she started seeing results after too weeks. It's worth the wait, because as I said, she had no hair in that area at all. She's been trying to grow it back for over two years now, and finally it is due to this product.

-Marabou

I heard that if it is traction balding that the hair will not grow back. My hairline is thin by heredity so here is what I use to keep my hairline looking full. I use a mixture of ORS Temple Creme, Castor Oil and Women's Rogaine. Be sure to massage those areas for blood circulation to those areas.

kaykay, I only use the CF Gold spray on my temples which have little sprouts, so I dont know how it will work on the rest of your hair. Products like these dont really work for me as all-over moisturizers. Good luck.

Several people were posting about success they had with Nioxin Follicle Booster.

If there are any updates from using that product I'd love to hear them.

Back