please help me PICK MY NEW HAIR COLOR for my HAIR APPT

kurlybella

i'm so not sure what color i want. as i mentioned in my previous post:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=330723&highlight=aveda

i'm going to get my hair colored at aveda. my appt is this saturday and i've yet to settle on a color.

my colors range from honey blonde to auburn which are really good choices for woc. :yep:

i think i want to do a two tone look, but i'm not sure. i took picks of my hair how it looks now and would like some opinions.

please let me know what you think.

you can't see from the pics in the voting post because they are blocked out, and some of my blog pics are a bit dark, but since this does matter when picking hair color, here is my skin tone. here are my arms:lachen::
IMG_1706-vi.jpg

please help me ladies. i'm so excited and so confused on color at the same time! :wallbash:

please vote: http://kisforkinky.blogspot.com/2009/01/color-bug-is-getting-best-of-me.html

OH AND LADIES IF YOU HAVE PICS OF PRETTY COLORS PLEASE POST THEM. :yep:

THANK YOU!! :drunk:

Last edited:
I commented on your blog.

Have you spoken to your stylist about the colors you're considering. I got my hair colored in the past at an Aveda salon in Miami and was highly disappointed. He would not give me the color I wanted. I ended up having to get it fixed. For $150, I should have gone somewhere else.
That is to say make sure you and your stylist are in agreement.

The first pic in the two-tone section or "d" the three-tone :yep:

But don't mind me, I secretly want these colors. You and I are about the same color. I tried on wigs in these colors and they match well.

..."a" was cute, too :)

I voted 1 color E. I want an aurburn color in my hair. Just need to find the time for a henna hair session. Good luck. Remember to come back and show us your after pics :wave:

I commented on your blog.

Have you spoken to your stylist about the colors you're considering. I got my hair colored in the past at an Aveda salon in Miami and was highly disappointed. He would not give me the color I wanted. I ended up having to get it fixed. For $150, I should have gone somewhere else.
That is to say make sure you and your stylist are in agreement.

omg! i'm scared now! :sad:
no, i have not spoken to the stylist yet. i have a 15 min pre-consult BEFORE she colors so i can always walk out if she does not do what i want.

i have not been to a salon in years so this will be my first visit in a long time.

tell me, what happened with your visit? why didn't he want to give you the color you wanted?

I think your hair color matches your skin well.

thank you. i'm just so over this dusty dark brown hair though. :wallbash:
i want lighter but not too light because as much as i want to color, i'm still kinda worried about breakage! :nono:

I agree with you RavenMaven. :yep: I love the dark hair against her skin tone. Since she wants to go lighter I chose the darkest color from the poll.

see, i was thinking this too. you know, stick with a dark auburn color or maybe even a dark chocolate brown.

The first pic in the two-tone section or "d" the three-tone :yep:

But don't mind me, I secretly want these colors. You and I are about the same color. I tried on wigs in these colors and they match well.

..."a" was cute, too :)

a is so cute cause that pic is so cute so it makes you want that color! :lachen: but yeah i like a. i like them all, that's why i can't decide. but right now, i'm close to doing something like a or the two tone.

I voted 1 color E. I want an aurburn color in my hair. Just need to find the time for a henna hair session. Good luck. Remember to come back and show us your after pics :wave:

will def do that. trying to get responses on color at aveda has been work but i guess there are not many ladies here that have so, i will def post my results for future reference.

I chose E. I like the color in the last pic the most.

i like that color too! so many choices...:wallbash:

Back