Please Help Me Make a Regimen for My Mother!!

cutiebe2

My mother has serious hair damage..in fact she is recovering from Alopecia in the front and crown. I have been on LHCF for a year now so I have been rambling to her about taking care of her hair
she says she wants to but she ALWAYS falls off. She wears a wig and my first step is to try and find a slik wig cap.
Since comming home 1 week ago I see the degragation in her hair..she has breakage in the "healthy" part of her hair (back and sides)
Mr question: any ideas on how I creat a easy regimen for her? She is natural. She just said today that she will pay me $20 per week until I leave for school:grin: in Sept if I do all the work for her. This means washing, moisturizing, etc. I guess I can do it when she falls asleep on the couch:lachen:

TIA

Last edited:
For alopecia, people have had success with Surge, BT and the concoction I used described in this thread.

Yeah, Cathy Howse's regimen is a good place to start. Then you can tweak the regimen as you see fit.

If she wants to wear her wigs, if she can stand it, maybe twist or braid her hair and baggy before the wig? The concoction I used to regrow my alopecia spots had instructions to wrap a warm towel after applying but I used a baggy instead and I think a baggy it helped the oils penetrate the scalp better...so it might be a good idea. If she's OK with wearing twists, I think that's a good style that's easy to maintain. You can wash her hair in twists too. Give her twist-outs for a change.

I'm not sure what products are best but I'd go for shampoos that don't have Ammonium lauryl/laureth sulphate or Sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate will be gentle. Also condition washes would be good. My favorite leave in is SCurl but I'm sure you'll get other recs once pple come on.

Here is the reg. I use. It works really great with getting the hair to retain length and stay strong.

Week 1: Moisture treatment
I use Aubery Organics Honsuckle rose moisture treatment. I put it on dry hair for 15-20 min. Shampoo out with Porsity control shampoo and the apply Porsity control cond. for 30 sec and due final rinse with cold water.

Week 2: Protein Treatment
Shampoo hair with Millcreek Keritain Shampoo or Jojoba Shampoo. ( I switch them every now and then. They are organic shampoos).
Apply Apohgee Reconstucture hair cond for 10 min. ( Make sure you towel dry hair really good before applying. Also for a stronger protein treament u can use Aphogee Damage treatment that last for six weeks.)
After Protein treatment apply smooth as silk cond by Giovanni to hair and then rinse out with cold water.

Week 3: Hot oil treatment
Shampoo hair. I use a mixture of BB growth oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, and wheat germ oil. I leave on hair for 15-20 min. After that I apply Aveda revitalizing hair cond which has Bassu oil and pepermint to invigorate the scalp. Do final rinse with cold water.

After every wash I always apply Giovanni direct leave in on the hair wich helps with tangles. I also apply a little wild growth oil to the scalp.

For daily treatment I use I.C. leave in treatment and giovanni direct.
At night ( every 2 days) I use Mizanni H2o night time treatment ( helps with breakage).

It is important to know that the products that I use, your mom may not like for her hair. I had to do the PJ before I finally found the products that worked for my hair. I went with mostly orgainic products because they didn't dry my hair out like products loaded with chemicals and stuff. Orgainc products don't work for my sister's hair at all, so u see it is what works for you.

I airdry my hair which has made it super thick. The only time I comb it is when I wash it. I always keep my hair in a bun ( not tight).

One major thing that has helped me with my hair is getting a filter. If u do not have one I would invest in one.:D

Always sleep with a satin or silk cap. :)

Try to use products that are ph balanced.

I hope it is not to much for ya. It sounds like a lot but it is really simple when you do it.

One major thing that has helped me with my hair is getting a filter. If u do not have one I would invest in one

I have to ask. What is a filter??

I also have alopecia and what has really worked for me is the Boundless Tresses. Get this for your Mom and it will stop the itching too and stop other outbreaks.

ChocalateDiva said:
Good luck, chica!! Have you thougth of doing something simple like Cathy Howse regimen? Just a thought.

HTH

CD

yup: i agree w/ chocalate diva and nonie: using the Ultra Black Hair System by Cathy Howse: is a great place to start: i highly recommend it: you can't go wrong w/ her.

ETA: The hair filter as well: thats should be #1 on ur list: then read into Cathy Howse: I'm not all for using someone elses regimen cuz wat works for them may not work on someone else: everyone has their own regimen.

Last edited:
Back