Please help me make a donut hair bun for NATURAL HAIR (add-on)

PaperClip

Please help me strategize on how to make a bun like this for my naturally-textured hair. I want to make one that I can add on.

I have some curly weave hair that resembles my texture well.

How to wrap/shape the bun to make it look more elegant than a basic poof?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!
003prehair1bun4-18-1-7.jpg

(Trying to understand) You don't want to just buy one with the comb attachment.
You want to make your own clip on bun?

(Trying to understand) You don't want to just buy one with the comb attachment.
You want to make your own clip on bun?

Thanks for responding! I was hearing crickets! LOL!

Yes, I would like to make one because I haven't found one that's "textured" enough. I don't want to straighten my hair to match a straight bun. I'd like to make and match one close to my own natural texture...when it's smoothed it's wavy....

And I'm thinking I can use hairpins to attach it....

Thanks for responding! I was hearing crickets! LOL!

Yes, I would like to make one because I haven't found one that's "textured" enough. I don't want to straighten my hair to match a straight bun. I'd like to make and match one close to my own natural texture...when it's smoothed it's wavy....

And I'm thinking I can use hairpins to attach it....

Sorry, I actually was looking for this one...she has a bun tutorial and she's natural:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=4107203&postcount=117

Bun tutorial link in left corner

I have a "tutorial" on how to make a bun with your own natural hair. Look in my fotki *edited to say * scroll my "whole head of naturalness" pic and the addy is there...

I have a "tutorial" on how to make a bun with your own natural hair. Look in my fotki *edited to say * scroll my "whole head of naturalness" pic and the addy is there...

"Scoobies" made me :giggle:

I looked and it says "This folder is empty"... Am I looking in the wrong place?

OK, I fixed it. I had it hiding my pics,don't know what I did, but it's fixed.

Ok... I see it (BTW, it didn't prompt a password)....

Between photos 5 and 6, how to spread the hair around the sock bun?

Also, since my hair is not at your length yet, I wanted to add on hair to fill out the bun. Should I add the hair to my head or can I wrap the hair around the bun and then blend mine in?

Ok... I see it (BTW, it didn't prompt a password)....

Between photos 5 and 6, how to spread the hair around the sock bun? I just flare all of the hair out and put another ouchless band around the hair to "taper" the hair to the sock. Then I tuck in the edges.

Also, since my hair is not at your length yet, I wanted to add on hair to fill out the bun. Should I add the hair to my head or can I wrap the hair around the bun and then blend mine in? My advice would be to use a smaller sock. You can use a childs sock. I use an adult sock that's knee high. You can use a baby sock and the donut will be much smaller. If you want to add hair, I'd make a ponytail and then roll the donut(sock) onto it, tuck hair under donut and go. I had to play with it a few times but you'll find the solution. HTH

My fotki be tripping!:wallbash:

Back