Please help me get over my fear of using heat!

RosesBlack

Okay I have to admit I have a dread fear of using any heat on my hair. So because of this my rollersets have not been cute.

Folks, help me get over it. Reassure me, show me pictures, give me tips, kick me in the butt. My hair is just about long enough I think a flexirod set would be SO cute and I have flexirods, a soft bonnet attachment for my dryer and everything. But I'm SO scared that I'll burn my hair or something.

I know some of you use heat so show me the way!

TIA

Ps..feel free to laugh at me too.:lol:

:grin: Hey Roses...what products are you using for your rollersets and if you don't use heat you airdry them? The bonnet or hooded dryer isn't direct heat like a hand held blowdryer or flat iron. Its the safest kind of heat to use. I sit under my hooded dryer twice a week! Love it. Don't be scurred ;)

Always use heat on clean hair. I agree with Cleve_gryl a bonnet isn't considered direct heat. So go ahead and do whatever styles you feel.;)

Cleve_gryl that is a very pretty rollerset!:)

When I heat style my hair, I make sure that I do it on clean hair and apply a leave-in and a heat protectant and I make sure that the heat setting is low.

Thanks so much. I'm workin up my courage. I actually went and bought some of that Ors setting mouse stuff (I forgot the name) to do my rollerset with but chickened out.

I've been airdrying for probably two years or so and my hair dries fluffy and crinkly because I texlax. I'm not after bone straight but I do want to work a roller set. I am determined. I'm washing and dc'ing this weekend so I might give it a try.

If I come back all mad y'all will know what happened LOL.

When I roll my hair I make sure its clean and spray lottabody on it before I roll. Seems to help keep it from being crinkly anf drizzy, but my hair does take forever and a day to airdry. But bonnet heat...naw, don't be afraid of it. As long as you're doing it the right way you should be just fine.

-A

I feel this way too sometimes;) just remember if the hair is in good condition initially it will show signs of not liking whatever your doing before it jumps ship:eek: and with all the knowledge you have on this board you will be A-O-K:D .

I'm SO mad. I got all ready to do it and my freaking bonnet is BROKEN! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now I'm all disappointed and have to save up for a new one.

I'm going to have a fit. A straight up tantrum.

I might try doing a braid out in the meantime. My last one turned out pretty cute w/o heat.

Back