Please help...I regret getting my relaxer...

Nope, you don't need all the extras. The longer you're here, though, the more you'll change/add to your reggie :lol:

My regimen has changed soooooo many times, but it's all about trial and error :yep: For the first few months you're here, just KISS (keep is simple, sista) so you don't get overwhelmed
I will keep that in mind

That happened to me, only with hair dye. I ended up cutting it all off. It wouldn't stop breaking. Sometimes those chemicals can be too strong for your hair, and once it's chemically damaged....it's damaged.

Right now, just try to keep your reggie as simple as possible:

Wash, dc and rollerset once a week

Bun it up
Moisturize daily

That's really all you need :yep:

I got some bootleg 14 in 1 from the bss too. Mine was reeeaaally watery. The original sprays out really thick

Tiffers you give the best advice. This is my reggie exactly. I am still looking for a good moisturizer though. I'm gonna try out some of the ones you listed.

If I were you, I would lay off of the relaxers for a bit. Co-wash every other day, and kick up the protein/moisture balance. Your hair will recover from this, and it will thank you.

-No more heat. Your hair can't tolerate it
-No more Carol's Daughter (do a search, the products suck)
-Stretch your relaxers further apart to give your scalp time to heal and to avoid overprocessing (which leads to more breakage)

I have to agree w/ tiffers. Carols Daughter hair products did nothing for my hair but sat on it. Products like Hawaiian Silky, ORS (olive oil, replenishing pak), joico worked for me over Aphoghee, etc. works great. I did have to do experimenting to see which ones worked best for me but, I think you should start w/ your Beauty Supply Store. Take extra care of those ends!

Also, make sure the relaxer you're using is not too strong for your hair.

Hope this helps:

Get a roller wrap instead of using the flat iron, wear some updo's until you reach your desired length. Oil your scalp and moisturize your hair with a good leave-in or hair butter. I'm an advocate for coconut oil for both hair and scalp.

WELCOME!!!!!!!

I have to agree w/ tiffers. Carols Daughter hair products did nothing for my hair but sat on it. Products like Hawaiian Silky, ORS (olive oil, replenishing pak), joico worked for me over Aphoghee, etc. works great. I did have to do experimenting to see which ones worked best for me but, I think you should start w/ your Beauty Supply Store. Take extra care of those ends!

Also, make sure the relaxer you're using is not too strong for your hair.

I gotta give it to you Tiffers...Carol's Daughter does suck.

I agree with you Cookie1 you are right the products do just sit on your hair and you are left with an oily stiff mess. I am now using Hawaiian Silky and I see a big difference. I can tell it penetrated my pair and my hair feels soft and has body. Thank you all for your help I feel much better.

Hope this helps:

Get a roller wrap instead of using the flat iron, wear some updo's until you reach your desired length. Oil your scalp and moisturize your hair with a good leave-in or hair butter. I'm an advocate for coconut oil for both hair and scalp.

WELCOME!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Where do you find your coconut oil?

Thank you!!!!

Where do you find your coconut oil?

Any Health Food Store should have Coconut Oil. I have the Certified Organic, Virgin, Cold Pressed Unrefined. 12oz for about 8 bucks. I also have Parachute Coconut Oil that I purchased at an Indian Grocer. Actually, it is pretty easy to find.

Any Health Food Store should have Coconut Oil. I have the Certified Organic, Virgin, Cold Pressed Unrefined. 12oz for about 8 bucks. I also have Parachute Coconut Oil that I purchased at an Indian Grocer. Actually, it is pretty easy to find.

co-signing

I think her damage came from relaxing her hair too soon after she had box braids in for a month. That is a sure fire way to get damage and breaking hair. She insisted her hair dresser relax her hair, if I understand her post. Please remember to never relax your hair after a long protective style like braids. It is recommended that you do a protein treatment and DC 2 weeks after braids before relaxing. I hope your hair regains some strength. Maybe an Aphoghee treatment will help.

About 5 months ago I had my hairstylist apply a relaxer 4 weeks after taking down box braids. She was reluctant to do so because she wasn’t sure if my hair was strong enough, but I insisted. Once applied and rinsed out, my hair melted off in the sink. She was able to salvage a good amount of my hair but since then I still have allot of breakage. Currently I am using Carols Daughter’s hair products. I re-touch every 6-7 weeks, wash, deep condition with a heating cap for 1 hour and flat iron weekly. I also apply hair milk moisturizing cream and oil daily and wear a satin scarf to bed. It is now almost shoulder length and my goal is to grow my hair bra strap length. It seems as though each time I get an inch of new growth between re-touches I don’t see a change in the length because it continues to break from the ends and also at the new growth. Does anyone have any suggestions to stop the breakage so that I can reach my goal?

So sorry this is happening to you precious31301.

Tiffer's right, you really should try stretching your relaxera a little longer but please keep up with your protein treatments and deep conditioning. Did you do this during the time you had the box braids in and after you took them down?

Look for more quality products that will aid in your hair retention, like Joico (the GVP products from Sally's work pretty okay).

Try going on a "personal" no-heat challenge for a while.

Also try low manipulation as well. Your hair will love you for it. Good luck sweetheart.

So sorry this is happening to you precious31301.

Tiffer's right, you really should try stretching your relaxera a little longer but please keep up with your protein treatments and deep conditioning. Did you do this during the time you had the box braids in and after you took them down?

Look for more quality products that will aid in your hair retention, like Joico (the GVP products from Sally's work pretty okay).

Try going on a "personal" no-heat challenge for a while.

Also try low manipulation as well. Your hair will love you for it. Good luck sweetheart.

Unfortunately no, I did not do any strengthening treatments during or after I took down the box braids. I called my stylist maybe 2 weeks after I took them down and made my appointment. I then let her know then I wanted a relaxer and I wish she would have suggested that I use a protein treatment or something to strengthen my hair. I didn’t know my hair was weak. I could have done something to prevent the damage myself. It was just a sad thing that happened and it’s too bad that my stylist didn’t tell me any of the valuable information that I have learned here.

Back