PLEASE HELP: I AM SOOOO FRUSTRATED BEYOND ALL SANITY!

streets

WHY, WHY, WHY does my hair (ends) continue to snap off? Its like I keep hitting my head against a brick wall:wallbash: I DC, bun, moisturize (shea butter) and seal (caster, carrot oils). I don't use heat regularly (once a month). Today I washed, dried, and flat ironed to check growth and *SNAP* my ends snapped off. I suspect my hair has been breaking even with low mainipulation and bunning, I just haven't noticed it. I think this is why I haven't achieved ANY growth. I don't know what I can do at this point:ohwell:MY Hair will NEVER grow:sad:
CAN ANYONE HELP??? I AM DESPERATE. PLEASE HELP.

WHY, WHY, WHY does my hair (ends) continue to snap off? Its like I keep hitting my head against a brick wall:wallbash: I DC, bun, moisturize (shea butter) and seal (caster, carrot oils). I don't use heat regularly (once a month). Today I washed, dried, and flat ironed to check growth and *SNAP* my ends snapped off. I suspect my hair has been breaking even with low mainipulation and bunning, I just haven't noticed it. I think this is why I haven't achieved ANY growth. I don't know what I can do at this point:ohwell:MY Hair will NEVER grow:sad:
CAN ANYONE HELP??? I AM DESPERATE. PLEASE HELP.
I dont know sweetie!

if your relaxed some of us experienced breakage with relaxers no matter what we did! do you use protein? maybe the 1x a month is still too much as far as the heat for your hair

I dont know, I'm taking stabs in the dark

sorry

maybe try rotating products? perhaps your hair just doesn't respond well to what you're using now, even if they are natural products.

I say take a good look at your ends, if they are split ; trim.
Then try using a leave in like infusium 23 after you wash and DC.
Next put the moisture directly on the ends and all over the strand and then seal.

When you bun be sure you are not putting the ponytail holder on the ends. maybe you can use loose hair pins or a silky scrunchy and don't pull tight.

BABY ends twice a day with moisture and oils.

HTH

So sorry you're having such problems with your hair.

Just a few queries/ suggestions:

*Do you have protein in your regimen? You might need to do a weekly / fortnightly treatment with a light protein like Aphogee 2 MINUTE. But of course, make sure to check how your hair responds, and do not over-protein. Over-proteining may make your hair hard and brittle, and may make it break even more.

* Do you have fine strands? If so, your products might be too heavy and coating and weighing your strands down, which could cause them to be brittle and break. I used shea butter as a natural, but I don't use it as a relaxed head because now my strands seem to do better with lighter oils / moisturisers.

* May I recommend MegaTek / OCT? I started using MegaTek frequently a couple of weeks ago - used like a rinse out conditioner two / three times a week, and it has made my strands feel MUCH stronger and more elastic. When I test my shed strands, I can hardly believe its my hair, because usually my strands snap in an instant. Now, I'm not exactly sure it's the MegaTek (because I also did a henna treatment this weekend, but I also did henna before a few times, and do not remember this effect.)
**NB: If you use MegaTek, you might have to cut down on protein from other sources.

maybe its the bunning. have you tried just putting ur hair in a twist and clipping it up? like this...
DSC00448.jpg

i won't bun cuz im afraid of what it will do to my ends. too much product can also be the culprit. when i used to have too much build up on my hair it would cause it to break off. also, what are u using to flat iron with?

maybe its the bunning. have you tried just putting ur hair in a twist and clipping it up? like this...
DSC00448.jpg

i won't bun cuz im afraid of what it will do to my ends.
I do my hair like that as well!! Except it's usually a braid. There is something about bunning that is really rough on my ends. Plus I do not like the idea of a pony tail holder / elastic - seems like too much friction in one spot, plus I can never get them out without causing breakage.

OP, there is a MegaTek/OCT sticky at the top of the page. I don't mean to lead you to a bandwagon, and those products are kind of pricey. So maybe you should try other things first.

Your hair could be weak from the inside out (just a possiblity). How is your water intake and are you getting enough vitimans and minerals on a regular basis?

I say take a good look at your ends, if they are split ; trim.
Then try using a leave in like infusium 23 after you wash and DC.
Next put the moisture directly on the ends and all over the strand and then seal.

When you bun be sure you are not putting the ponytail holder on the ends. maybe you can use loose hair pins or a silky scrunchy and don't pull tight.

BABY ends twice a day with moisture and oils.

HTH

What she said!!!!!!!!!! Baby your ends. apply product directly to the ends 2x daily and consider a supplement like b-complex.

Back