PLEASE HELP! HAIR SHATTERING!

sterry

Hey ladies,

I usually don't have a problem with my hair. It had been doing well in it's natural state.
I just got tired of conditioning everyday.

I decided to texturize my hair. I purchased a mild relaxer and allowed it to stay in for 5 mins.
It was doing quite well. I retouched only every three and a half month.

Lately it has been shattering like glass when I comb it. Little tiny piece in the sink. I mean tons. Breakage everywhere.

I trimm about every 2 months. I normally protect my hair with Infusium leav-in as well as a heat protectant when I use my flat iron. And leave Danbar Vatika in my hair and jojoba oil. These are my staples

I have never seen so many pieces of hair in my life.
I did an Aphogee treatment yesterday, but it still is shedding.

Any answers? Thank you

Infusium leave-in and Aphogee...are 2 products notorious for their high protein content. Clarify or chelate and then do a moisture only DC/DT; maybe even over night or every other day until your hair feels "normal" again.

Infusium leave-in and Aphogee...are 2 products notorious for their high protein content. Clarify or chelate and then do a moisture only DC/DT; maybe even over night or every other day until your hair feels "normal" again.

Thanks for the response. So perhaps I am doing too much protein.

NOw what do you mean by "chelate" and DC/DT? Sorry for asking.

Chelate is a process that removes unwanted trace minerals that may or may not be one of the causes of your current issue. I use ORS Aloe shampoo to do this. There are a few more out there...
DC= deep condition
DT= deep treatment

Happy HEALTHY Hair growing!

Back