PLEASE HELP- Hair Dilemma/ Cellophane nightmare!

wednesday

I need your help guys! Basically back in April i used Sebastian's Cellophane and my hair hasn't felt the same since! It feels dry a brittle and no amount of co washes, DCs, conditioners or oils have seemed to help. My texture feels looser in a really bad way. I can 4b/4cnapp hair i do kinda have (had) a coil pattern but my hair is extremely tightly coiled. Now my hair feels crap and mushy. Since the treatment i have tried to "strip' my hair a few times just using a natural clarifying shampoo (since i know cellophanes coat the shaft) but this hasn't helped and i still see the color (i thought cellophanes rinsed out after 8 weeks :nono:).
I am just so frustrated i have extremely slow growing hair, and though my hair is by no means 'long' it is the longest it has ever been. I'm worried i might have to BC. :wallbash:

Has anyone experienced this with Sebastian's Cellophane???
How can i get my hair to feel soft again?
I've recently realised my hair likes protien, how can i encorporate protien into my weekly regemine with my hair turning to straw?

HELP!!! Somebody?!!! Anybody?!!!!!!!!

Sorry there is no one with your experience here. I've used Cellophane in the past with no problem except that it didn't change my hair color much.

I have one suggestion though. Get some Extrav Virgin Coconut Oil. Heat it up until it is very warm and saturate your hair with this. Cover it with a plastic cap and sit under a heat source. If this doesn't help nothing will.

I would not BC. I would wear protective styles (not braids) for like forever. (1 year)

Let me know if that helps.

I've never used cellophane before but you said your hair is mushy so that tells me you may need to up your protein levels. For some, not having enough protein will cause dry brittle hair because moisture can't hold on to the hair strands without protein.

I would start off using a reconstructor like Aphogee 2min every week for a couple of weeks to see if it gets better.
Or using some sort of mild protein at first.
Hope that helps some

I never heard of the colorshines doing that as I used to use it all the time (before they discontinued my color) - It sounds like you may have some porosity issues - you may want to try Porosity Control

I've never used cellophane before but you said your hair is mushy so that tells me you may need to up your protein levels. For some, not having enough protein will cause dry brittle hair because moisture can't hold on to the hair strands without protein.

I would start off using a reconstructor like Aphogee 2min every week for a couple of weeks to see if it gets better.
Or using some sort of mild protein at first.
Hope that helps some

Thanks! I was doing the hardcore Aphogee treatment every 8 weeks, i'll definitely try the 2min reconstructor. Thank you so much:yep:

I never heard of the colorshines doing that as I used to use it all the time (before they discontinued my color) - It sounds like you may have some porosity issues - you may want to try Porosity Control

Yeah, i mean i've used other cellophane treatments and my hair has never felt this way. Thanks so much for your suggestion, i've been researching porosity and i think you might be right. Tomorrow is wash day so i'm gong to get the Roux Porosity Control. I'll wash-protien-dc-pc. From what i've read i really think this could be my problem. Thanks again!:drunk:

Sorry there is no one with your experience here. I've used Cellophane in the past with no problem except that it didn't change my hair color much.

I have one suggestion though. Get some Extrav Virgin Coconut Oil. Heat it up until it is very warm and saturate your hair with this. Cover it with a plastic cap and sit under a heat source. If this doesn't help nothing will.

I would not BC. I would wear protective styles (not braids) for like forever. (1 year)

Let me know if that helps.

ummm thanks?:ohwell:

lmbo it's not true! Coconut oil doesn't even work for EVERYONE when their hair is healthy (aka me!) let alone if there's some kinda issue with it, lol, BUT it COULD work, i guess something to try for you.
lol, yeah my hair actually doesn't like coconut oil but it LOVES olive oil! I'm just gonna try weekly protien and that porosity control stuff ;-)

lmbo it's not true! Coconut oil doesn't even work for EVERYONE when their hair is healthy (aka me!) let alone if there's some kinda issue with it, lol, BUT it COULD work, i guess something to try for you.

Coconut Oil is one of those miracles in nature that has healing properties. I am not saying that nothing else could work, but it is a strange reaction her hair is having so sometimes when nothing else works, something simple will. That's what I meant. Coconut Oil rescued my hair once when it was setback.

Back