Please help......does this sound ok!

mrshicks2002

I have just changed up my regimen a little and I wanted to get some advice on it if it sounds ok. I want to make sure that I have a great balance in the protein and moisture area.
My plans are

Wash with moisturizing shampoo.

Deep condition with protein conditioner with heat for 30 minutes and will add RPC, castor oil, olive oil and honey into DC.

Apply Aphogee leave in, moisturize with BB castor oil and aloe moisturizer or kids organics shea butter moisturizer and let air dry.

Apply BT everyday or everyother day.

Clarify when I feel buildup

Baggie ends using castor oil.

Take vitamins

Relax between 8-10 weeks

Massage scalp for 5 minutes and use a hair stimulating oil.

I plan to add GNC hair, skin, and nails vitamins, and
Pantothenic Acid (B5)

Last edited:
Your regimen sounds pretty good. I would incorporate a pre-poo and I wouldn't baggy with castor oil alone. I think it might be more beneficial to apply a small amount of moisturizing cream w/castor oil on your ends to seal when you baggy. I believe some people were experiencing breakage when only using oils to baggy with. That is IMHO:)
HHG!

I would use a moisturizer as well as your oil when you baggy your ends. I currently use Elasta QP mango butter, it works good. Also, you can stretch your relaxers longer if you dont feel the need to get it done every 8-10.

Hey there! mrschicks2000 :wave: Your from my hometown, AR. Your regimen sounds great to me. I would also recommend the pre-poo and you might consider doing your protein treatment as a PRE-POO & then DC with a moisturizing one. Maybe alternate those.:) If that's you in the avi...looks like we could be hair twins.;) And our regimens are basically the same, except I CW and pre-poo. But looks like we may be the same length & thickness, DEFINITELY the same color!:) I just indigoed my hair for the 2nd time yesterday.:grin: I love this NATURALLY ultra blue-black. :up: Now if I could just stop CW everday so I could REALLY appreciate it! :look: :lol:

Regimen sounds great! I agree about adding something to the castor oil. For me, personally, castor oil is so sticky and thick, and my hair is so fine/fragile, that castor oil alone would not be good. It sounds like your hair may already be nice and oiled up since you are BT'ing every day.... so if anything, i would use a water-based moisturizer on the ends. I sometimes add castor oil to my ORS Olive Oil moisturizer, which gives it a nice, creamy consistency. So I BT, the moisturize, bun and baggy.

I dont clarify at all, because I found that it does nothing for my hair. So I dont include that in my regimen. But I know most folks here do clarify, and get good results from it. :)

HHG!!!!

Andreainnis said:
Your regimen sounds pretty good. I would incorporate a pre-poo and I wouldn't baggy with castor oil alone. I think it might be more beneficial to apply a small amount of moisturizing cream w/castor oil on your ends to seal when you baggy. I believe some people were experiencing breakage when only using oils to baggy with. That is IMHO:)
HHG!

Thanks. I just stopped pre-pooing my hair because I didnt really see a difference. I will try to find a moisturizing cream to apply along with the castor oil. I guess thats why my ends most of the time would be frizzy and I couldnt understand why. I do apply a moisturizer all over from root to tip, but maybe that doesnt count.

Glamourous said:
I would use a moisturizer as well as your oil when you baggy your ends. I currently use Elasta QP mango butter, it works good. Also, you can stretch your relaxers longer if you dont feel the need to get it done every 8-10.

I have the mango butter on my list for things to get and just havent bought it yet.

Thanks

i suggest you deep condition with protein once a month and after every chemical treatment. protein conditioners should always be followed by moisturizing conditioners to combat dryness and help with softness.

HERicane10 said:
Hey there! mrschicks2000 :wave: Your from my hometown, AR. Your regimen sounds great to me. I would also recommend the pre-poo and you might consider doing your protein treatment as a PRE-POO & then DC with a moisturizing one. Maybe alternate those.:) If that's you in the avi...looks like we could be hair twins.;) And our regimens are basically the same, except I CW and pre-poo. But looks like we may be the same length & thickness, DEFINITELY the same color!:) I just indigoed my hair for the 2nd time yesterday.:grin: I love this NATURALLY ultra blue-black. :up: Now if I could just stop CW everday so I could REALLY appreciate it! :look: :lol:

Well Hello, small world. I just stopped pre-pooing and co washing because it seem that it really didnt make a difference in my hair, so I dont know.

Yes this is me in the avatar.:lol: Get you a fotki soon so I can check you out. My hair twin.:)

KiniKakes said:
Regimen sounds great! I agree about adding something to the castor oil. For me, personally, castor oil is so sticky and thick, and my hair is so fine/fragile, that castor oil alone would not be good. It sounds like your hair may already be nice and oiled up since you are BT'ing every day.... so if anything, i would use a water-based moisturizer on the ends. I sometimes add castor oil to my ORS Olive Oil moisturizer, which gives it a nice, creamy consistency. So I BT, the moisturize, bun and baggy.

I dont clarify at all, because I found that it does nothing for my hair. So I dont include that in my regimen. But I know most folks here do clarify, and get good results from it. :)

HHG!!!!

Thanks kini

My hair is also fine and maybe thats why I get frizzy ends when sealing and baggying with the castor oil. I do moisturize from root to tip including my ends, then seal with the castor oil and then baggie. So maybe I just need to leave the castor oil off my ends and seal with something else.
Any suggestions?

I am now using a water based moisturizer and I also include castor oil in my moisturizer.

Thanks

caribeandiva said:
i suggest you deep condition with protein once a month and after every chemical treatment. protein conditioners should always be followed by moisturizing conditioners to combat dryness and help with softness.

Thanks and So after I would deep condition with a protein conditioner with heat, would I turn around and then apply a moisturizing conditioner. I was thinking that it would be ok if when I apply the protein for my deep conditioner, I would then be able to turn around and apply a moisturizer that doesnt include any protein in it.

Help me out here!

Back