please direct me on to how to do a bun!!!!

ms*x

i swear, i just need something really, really simple for the winter that is extra low-maintenance...the wet sets are cool, but i HATE having my hair exposed, for some reason. however, i TOTALLY forgot how to do a bun since i've never had enough hair to do it...where can i go to find out or if anyone has any ideas or tutorials?

thanx, all!!!!

Dontspeakdefeat has an assisted doughnut bun tutorial in her fotki. All you do is get this foam-like doughnut looking thing from Sally's and wrap some braiding hair around it...... Does that make sense? :lol:

Anywho, if you see the pictures, you'll get it. I used one and loved it, it looked great! :yep:

I use the dough nut too- Just pull your ponytail through the hole ( in my case my afro puff) and pin hair around it. Its a great way to hide those ends.

thanks, ladies...do you sick your hair back while it's wet? how long do you keep it in the ponytail and what do you use to secure the ponytail under the bun?

i guess i should just check out ms. don'tspeak's fotki, right?!?!??! :drunk:

My hair doesnt slick back I air dry it and separate my hair into 6 sections and band each section to stretch it. I the rub Lets Jam extra hold over the top of my hair to get some sheen.I use small hair pins to keep the bun in place- not bobby pins- hair pins- the one you don't have to hold open with your teeth.

My hair never lays down slick. So usually depending on how far post I am I will use some Profectiv break free, then wrap my hair in a scarf before leaving the house.

I have photos/instructions for a bun filler in my hair journal too.

Back