Please Critique

Lshona

Hi, I think I have finally decided on a regiman, and I need the expertise of you ladies to critique it.
  • Shampoo 2x's a week with MNT
  • Spray hair with MNT detangler
  • Spray hair with Infusium 23
  • Use MNT conditioner as a leave in
  • Olive Oil on my ends
  • Stretch relaxers for 13 weeks (I'm on week #9)
  • Every 6 weeks use Aphogee treatments and moisturizer
  • Caruso rollers
My hair is itching alot lately, I was wondering why? Does anyone resort to heat when stretching, I flat ironed my hair last week, and I feel soo guilty. Also my hair is still breaking everytime a comb, it not alot, but I was hoping it would end all together, I'm I doing something wrong?
Whew! TIA

This regimen looks good. (I would only shampoo 1x per week and conditioner wash the other time though) What about daily maintenance? Are you planning on spraying infusium and oiling your ends daily or is that only for after a wash?

UmSumayyah said:
This regimen looks good. (I would only shampoo 1x per week and conditioner wash the other time though) What about daily maintenance? Are you planning on spraying infusium and oiling your ends daily or is that only for after a wash?

Thanks! I'll take your advice on the shampoo and co wash. For daily maintenance could I use the MNT conditioner and olive oil? I'm trying my best to keep it simple. Would it be to much protein if I sprayed my hair with infusium everyday, I've only done it after a wash.

I'm not all that familiar with MNT. I just bought the shampoo and conditioner last week. Is the detangler in a spray form? Does it have protein? You are probably fine using just the detangler or just the infusium.
What you add to your hair daily will depend heavily on how you style it. If you are not handling it everyday (like leaving it in a bun that you don't redo every day) you probably don't need to add anything. I believe when Southerngirl is leaving her hair up she may smooth a tiny bit of MNT to keep the sides looking neat before she leaves the house.
when I put my hair up and leave it I don't do anything daily but mist it with distilled water and/or a little spray leave-in conditoner.

Hi Lshona! It's so nice to see another Floridian on the forum:) :) As for your regimen, it looks pretty good to me. I agree with the other poster about shampooing once a week instead of 2x and doing CW.

HTH:)

SexySin985 said:
Hi Lshona! It's so nice to see another Floridian on the forum:) :) As for your regimen, it looks pretty good to me. I agree with the other poster about shampooing once a week instead of 2x and doing CW.

HTH:)

Hi!:wave:I've been in Florida 13 years now, I'm origianally from the Bronx.:dance7:

UmSumayyah said:
I'm not all that familiar with MNT. I just bought the shampoo and conditioner last week. Is the detangler in a spray form? Does it have protein? You are probably fine using just the detangler or just the infusium.
What you add to your hair daily will depend heavily on how you style it. If you are not handling it everyday (like leaving it in a bun that you don't redo every day) you probably don't need to add anything. I believe when Southerngirl is leaving her hair up she may smooth a tiny bit of MNT to keep the sides looking neat before she leaves the house.
when I put my hair up and leave it I don't do anything daily but mist it with distilled water and/or a little spray leave-in conditoner.

Yep - Zackly what I do! Thanks Um!!

Ohmigod you were reading my little mind. My hair has been breaking off (in addition to an awful salon experience) and I am flipping out. I am on a relaxer stretch and have had my hair flat ironed with frequency because my hair is so coarse now that I am 12 weeks post relaxer.

I put MNT and EVOO on my bun each morning and night yet and still my hair has minimal breakage. I wanted to join the April Fools Strech club, but have no idea how to make my hair behave when it want to live nappily ever after. Any suggestions. I'm at whits end!!!

Back