Please Critique my tentative regimen.

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,
I've been reading about Hennalucent and Henna all day. I have relaxed type 4b hair. My hair is 4-7 inches long and is cut in layers.
I, like most of you, want to grow my hair to longer length I have been thinking about wearing larger sized braids to do this. In fact this is the regimen I'm thinking of doing:
-Braid my hair when I have enough growth that it is time for a touch up.
-Wear the braids for 2 months.
-Take down braids and then wash and condition and use Hennalucent to make new growth more compatible with relaxed hair. Wear some sort of style that can accomodate both textures.
-After about a week or 2, get my relaxer touched up.
-Then start the process over again when my hair needs a touch up which for me with my texture is after about 6 weeks.

You see what I am trying to do is extend the time period between relaxers, to cut down on the amount of processing I have to do.
What do you ladies think? I seriously need some advice on this one.

Thanks again, you guys are the best

Hi RabiaElaine,

Your plan sounds good to me. As long as you are keeping your braids moisturized and are keeping a close watch on the condition of the braids around your hair line, I think you should do well.
smile.gif

That sounds like a wonderful regimine, and in fact, I'm thinking of doing something similar. I know some ladies have had great success in wearing braids back to back with a rest in between, butI think I'll adapt your regime and wear braids, condition well for 2-3 weeks, then relax. I've tried wearing braids back to back, but my new growth is so difficult to deal with that when I have gotten around to getting a relaxer, the hairstylist had to yank my hair to part it and I ended up losing more than I gained.
frown.gif

I think this is a great way to keep your hair protected and cut down on chemicals without having to worry about styling your hair when the new growth comes in. Moisture for the braids WILL be key. I did a search on the forum last night on braid regimens and I took notes.
grin.gif

OE

OE

Hey Rabia, That sounds like a great regime to me. What do you plan to use to moisturize your braids? How often are you planning to wash and condition your braids in that two months? I think that is important for retaining growth in braids. I know Adrienne has a great braid regime that she used in growing out her hair..see if you can page her.

Hey OnlyErin,
Thanks for the advice. Let me know how it works for you and I'll keep you posted. I'm going to do a search for braid regimens too. That's a great idea.
brainy.gif

Hey Foxybronx,
I think that I will moisturzize with S-curl. It look like several ladies use that to moisturize their braids. I think I am going to contact Adrienne. Let me know if you have any other ideas
wink.gif
. Or even if you know of a good braider that won't stress my hair to much. I might just do the braids myself.

Back