Please critique my regimen, Lovely Ladies of LHCF!

Mrs.Gooch

Hello Ladies! Sooo, after being a member for quite some time now, I've TRULY committed to being serious about my hair care. I just want a healthy head of hair! Here's a little background:

• Definite Type 4B, Relaxed (Last Relaxer 3/25/09), Stretching 12 Weeks
  • A couple of years back: MAJOR Stress+Unhealthy Practices broke my hair off, I cut it ALL off to a very short cut. I let that grow out a bit and then put in full head weaves and kinky twists for about a year.
  • 1/4/2009: I relaxed after the weave/braids hiatus...I had hair again!
  • Currently it is a seemingly healthy chin length...my nape is the longest it has ever been.
So, Here is my current regimen:
  • Wash + DC (Miss Keys 10n1 mainly, or Alter Ego Garlic) once a week (Sunday), Lacio Lacio as a leave in, (If roller setting use CHI Silk infusium in addition to the Lacio Lacio)
  • Co-wash Wednesday (Currently using HE Hydralicious), Spray Aphogee Reconstructer as a leavin
  • Megatek + 3-4 Drops of Black Seed Oil + 2-3 Drops pf Glycerin applied directly to scalp....every other day.
  • Moisturize daily with NTM Silk Touch or Hawaiian 14n1, Seal with Vatika Coconut oil
  • 95% of the time Bunned (baggy bun at night), other times Half Wigs...have used heat 3 times 3 months, each time with a Sedu and a heat protectant
Supplements:
  • GNC Multivitamin Ultra Greens Mega (2 Daily)
  • HAVE PURCHASED Chlorella and Chloryphll (will begin this weekend)
  • Calcium
  • Garlic
Will up my water intake and overall health up....not just for hair, but for EVERYTHING.

So, any suggestions? What am I doing wrong, right?

My hair looks the healthiest its been in a LONG time. My last relaxer my stylist didn't even cut my ends (and he is scissor happy!!)

Im just not sure if I need to up my protein, up my moisture, etc.

Am I bunning correctly...I make sure not to pull it tight, I finger comb at night, if necessary I lighty surface brush with a super soft boar brush.

Tonight I seen a bit of really small hair around my hairline...that bothered me a bit.

TIA!!!!! :grin:

Looks good to me!!! You use quite a bit of protein, but your hair may like that. Just be sure to pay attentention to your hair and change to more moisture if you start to see breakage, lose elasticity, etc.

Good reggie! I heart baggying :grin:

Hello Ladies! Sooo, after being a member for quite some time now, I've TRULY committed to being serious about my hair care. I just want a healthy head of hair! Here's a little background:

• Definite Type 4B, Relaxed (Last Relaxer 3/25/09), Stretching 12 Weeks
  • A couple of years back: MAJOR Stress+Unhealthy Practices broke my hair off, I cut it ALL off to a very short cut. I let that grow out a bit and then put in full head weaves and kinky twists for about a year.
  • 1/4/2009: I relaxed after the weave/braids hiatus...I had hair again!
  • Currently it is a seemingly healthy chin length...my nape is the longest it has ever been.
So, Here is my current regimen:
  • Wash + DC (Miss Keys 10n1 mainly, or Alter Ego Garlic) once a week (Sunday), Lacio Lacio as a leave in, (If roller setting use CHI Silk infusium in addition to the Lacio Lacio)
  • Co-wash Wednesday (Currently using HE Hydralicious), Spray Aphogee Reconstructer as a leavin
  • Megatek + 3-4 Drops of Black Seed Oil + 2-3 Drops pf Glycerin applied directly to scalp....every other day.
  • Moisturize daily with NTM Silk Touch or Hawaiian 14n1, Seal with Vatika Coconut oil
  • 95% of the time Bunned (baggy bun at night), other times Half Wigs...have used heat 3 times 3 months, each time with a Sedu and a heat protectant
Supplements:
  • GNC Multivitamin Ultra Greens Mega (2 Daily)
  • HAVE PURCHASED Chlorella and Chloryphll (will begin this weekend)
  • Calcium
  • Garlic
Will up my water intake and overall health up....not just for hair, but for EVERYTHING.

So, any suggestions? What am I doing wrong, right?

My hair looks the healthiest its been in a LONG time. My last relaxer my stylist didn't even cut my ends (and he is scissor happy!!)

Im just not sure if I need to up my protein, up my moisture, etc.

Am I bunning correctly...I make sure not to pull it tight, I finger comb at night, if necessary I lighty surface brush with a super soft boar brush.

Tonight I seen a bit of really small hair around my hairline...that bothered me a bit.

TIA!!!!! :grin:

Hi Friend!! - Just based on the 1st bolded statement - Don't Change A Thing!!!

Could the really small hair around your hairline be growth or do you think it is breakage?

Looks good to me!!! You use quite a bit of protein, but your hair may like that. Just be sure to pay attentention to your hair and change to more moisture if you start to see breakage, lose elasticity, etc.

Good reggie! I heart baggying :grin:

I love Baggying, too! I thought that I could be using too much moisture, so I added the Aphogee Leave In....I think I'll do a porosity test to gauge it better.

Thanks!

Hi Friend!! - Just based on the 1st bolded statement - Don't Change A Thing!!!

Could the really small hair around your hairline be growth or do you think it is breakage?

Hmmm, I'm not sure...its a few and they are really straight. I'm obsessed with them now! LOL

Thanks!

Back