PJ-ism Support Group

filthyfresh

Everytime I go into a store I end up staying in the hair care section, looking at the products that I could possibly use, attempting to recall what someone said worked well, and plotting on how I can rearrange my budget to afford it. LOL. I'm becoming a bit of a PJ, and I know some of you all are too.

So...what did you buy today?

Girl, you're speaking my language. I am so hooked. Sally's had lotta body setting lotion on sale. Do I need lotta body...no did I want it...yes. So of course, I got it. I'm so hooked.:perplexed

Oh my :eek:! I started early. I ran out of surge, went to the store to stock up because it was on sale then I picked up some ORS Mayo, EO's, Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner, Nature's Gate Keratin Conditioner, Jason's Vitamin E Conditioner, Avalon Rosemary Therapy...:perplexed and, Giovanni Reconstructor:perplexed I am pitiful and I haven't even bought the conditioner I am supposed to but which are Elasta Qp DRP yet! because that's at a different store. My only excuse is that I've been in braids for awhile and I haven't been able to have fun with my hair so I am anticipating trying out new things when I take my braids out, not mention I will be fully natural. I need to celebrate :dance7:..lol But after this stint which will be a few hundred :shocked:...yes a few hundred, I'm good. ;) I'll be in recovery.

Last edited:
^ Damn Suri. LOL. But yeah I understand you. I only bought two small packs of Aphogee today. I need a heavy protein in the worst way. I almost bought some Suave Milk & Honey Cond. but the line was too long.

I am not a PJ, but I did go to Sally's on my way home yesterday. I was good, actually.

I bought:
a detangling comb that was on sale
a Silk Elements relaxer kit
a tub of Lustrasilk Herbal Conditioner
a couple of small color applicators to use with apply my relaxer
a timer
a tube of Excelsior millennia mud (a staple for me)

So I did okay. Well, I did not need the Lustrasilk, but I used to do much worse!!!

I bought suave milk and honey, which I totally don't regret.

I am going to sell all of my stuff that I haven't sed in 2 mos. I don't need it!

Anyways, I think I pretty much got all of my staples just looking for a better moisturizer!

I'm trying ya'll!

I went to the supermarket this morning and I accidentally ended up in the beauty aisle :grin: :grin:

I bought Scurl and Fantastix Hair Thickener

The Fantastix looks like a light grease the ingredients:Petrolatum,Rudol,Bergamot,Wheat Germ Oil,Hydrogenated vegetable oils,Castor oil,Quinine Sulphate,Cholesterol,Vitamin E,Honey,glycerin,Fragrance

Update: I am not using either of these products. Scurl makes my hair hard and Sulfur 8 replaced the Fantastix

Last edited:
I started to buy this brush that I saw. It was a paddle brush with boar bristles. I couldn't wrap my mind aroung $7 for a brush so I put it back. I am not cheap, but if I can find it elsewhere cheaper, I will do it in a heartbeat. (I HAVE GOT TO HAVE THIS BRUSH!) ;)

i'm a recovering PJ.
today i RETURNED several NTM products b/c i really want to live up to using all Aveda, all the time. buying other non-aveda products just delays my accomplishing THE ONE PRODUCT LINE CHALLENGE. :grin:

went i went to Sally's this week I also bought some proclaim leave-in and gloss. THEY'RE GOING BACK TOO.

ladies, you can do it!
save your money - use what you already have in your sinks, closets, drawers before you buy something new.

I am a fully recovered PJ :) I did it...last year was my year...i was buying products from left to right...the last products that i stocked up on was back in January and February and that was Keracare,a Design Essential Relaxer(which i only used once) and La India products since then i can now walk in and walk out of a BSS, grocery store, Sallys, Walgreens w/out purchasing any hair products...I need to get off my bootay and sell my products that i have that i know im not going to use...because i have alot of them...Vitamins i have not been taking any and have not purchased any in a very long time..i think what stoped me was that i finally realized that everything is not going to work on my hair....i cut my hair short(not too much to really put product on)....my pockets were really being effected by it...and plus my hair seems to grow now quicker when i dont bother it....

now if i can recover from ebay and skin and makeup products i will be good...

but everyone goes thru a PJ time i believe especially when they find LHCF unless they are really strong and already has healthy long hair....

dont get me wrong i am very tempted to try some olive oil conditioners and shampoos that everyone is so raving about i think Vitale has a whole new line dedicated to Olive Oil products....but maybe not...may just take some Olive Oil and wash my hair and deep condition with it...lol

I think i'm cured, i'm only replacing shampoos and cond, i'm going back to what works for me, no more experimenting, time to finish all these products sitting in my bathroom.

I bought...

Aussie 3 minute deep conditioner

Herbal Essences Break's Over

Herbal Essences Body Envy

Pantene Hydrating Curls Masque

....i THINK that's it, lol

naturallylovely said:
I guess I shoulda added the fact that all the things I got were conditioners, lol...let me know how you like it navs....

So far it's pretty good. The smell is nice and it's pretty moisturizing. And I like that it has coconut milk in it. I put some on my hair and sealed with Amla Lite oil and my hair is still very soft and moisturized after several hours later.

My only complaint: They could make a better cap for it. When you close it, the excess product in the top splashes everywhere and that gets annoying quickly. I have to hold my hand over it so it hits my hand and not the ceiling.

I am not located near a traditional BSS. So...I was off from work yesterday and I did this:
Honeyquat 2 oz $2.75, SHEALOE 8 oz $4.04,Silk Amino Acids 8 oz $16.95,Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein 2 oz $7.00 Subtotal: $30.74 Shipping cost: $7.40 Total: $38.14
Praital conditioner and rinse, silicone mix, Whale sperm , Phyto index II $60.00, Vitapointe. The last thing i will touch is Shen min. I have to purchase everything in bulk because shipping and handling eats my money up!

I am on a Use It Up Challenge. I will not be buying anything til May. I guess in the mean time, I will just compile a Wish List.

Letitia said:
I am on a Use It Up Challenge. I will not be buying anything til May. I guess in the mean time, I will just compile a Wish List.

Tee:
Are you sure?:confused: :confused:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
(anything you don't need you can send it my way!:D )

You guys, i'm fighting so hard to use things i know work for my hair. Last week, i went into Walgreens and bought like 3 different leave ins. They weren't all that great so i returned them like 3 days later. I'm happy 'cause now i don't have extra stuff that don't agree with my hair. In the past year, i've bought a lot of things that were more expensive but weren't quite as good for my hair so i'm trying to finish using them up so i can purchase only what my hair loves. After that, i'm going back to the things that my hair just thrives on. The best thing is that all the things my hair likes are the cheap stuff so i'm very grateful.

Back