PJ GRAVEYARD........R.I.P.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Throughout the journey of your healthy hair growing experiences, what products did you use back in the day but have now buried in the graveyard? In other words, what products/appliances/tools do you not use anymore because of your newfound knowledge of healthy hair care?

My products are: Mouuse and Spritz
Pink Oil Moisturizer
White Rain Shampoos/Conditioners
Hot combs

I'm sure there are more......I'll list when I can remember them.

St. Ives conditioning packets

metal curling irons and flat irons

brushes

combs with tiny, close spaced teeth

vaseline

R.I.P.
1. Relaxers
2. Mineral Oil
3. Crimping Iron
4. Hair Gel w/alcohol
That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there's more...be back later.

:lachen:I poured a little liquor out for...

-spritz
-black weave glue
-curling irons
-the pik attachment for my blow dryer
-box perms
-any products w/ alcohol

Sippin' a little Sparkling Apple Cider in memory of:

~Heavy Hair/Scalp Greases
~Mineral Oil in moisturizing creams/lotions, etc.
~Petroleum in styling products.
~Blowdrying
~Products containing Alcohol
~Lye Relaxers
~Combs that aren't seamless
~Protein Gel (Brown Gel)

:look: gold n hot flat irons

hair color w/peroxide or ammonium

pink oil moisturizer

super relaxers

not sleeping with out some bonnet or scarf

:look: gold n hot flat irons

hair color w/peroxide or ammonium

pink oil moisturizer

super relaxers

not sleeping with out some bonnet or scarf

By By . . . Cotton Scarves, Lusters Pink Oil Moisterizer, Carol's Daughter Products, Heavy Grease, Blow Dryer, hard brushes & small teeth combs

Just buried them last night. May they Rest In Peace as my hair thrives from healthier care. . .

Brushes, but this has been over 10 years now, I haven't used a brush in that long.

Curling Iron, hand-held blow dryers, Gold n Hot ANYTHING.

Let's see:
  • Flat iron
  • Curling iron
  • Blowdryer
  • Lottabody setting lotion (even when diluted-made my hair hard)
  • Spritz with alcohol
  • Brushes
  • Infusium 23 leave-in (made my hair hard)
  • Cotton bandanas
Buh-bye!!

- Mane N Tail Original Conditioner - I really loved this stuff, but something goes wrong when I buy the one that has Emulsifying Wax. I am not going to bother with it anymore

-Keracare 1st Lather and Silken Seal - I dunno something just was not right with those. The Silken Seal became WAY too hard to wash away.

-Topical Growth aids and all kinds of creative vitamin cocktails - I just don't need them. My hair grows just fine. :D Threw them all out!!!

-Cream of Nature Shampoo - I like the way it make my hair feel in the shower, but after it dries it feels nasty.

-Grease - Nothing against it, but I just don't see a need for it anymore. I don't out anything on my scalp except an occasional scalp massage with Hemp Seed Butter.

-Not a product but something I had gotten fooled by - that dang-gone comb attachment in the dryer. That thing chewed my hair up a year ago and I am still trying to get over that. :(

-TCB Naturals Relaxer - I really like how straight this relaxer gets my hair, but I did not realize right away that it was drying my hair. I use Profectiv now and I am going to try Phytorelaxer soon.

I may post more later. :)

Last edited:
Back