Pincurls cured me from missing rollersets! (pics)

momi said:
Your hair is relly pretty.

Here are my pin curls: They work much better than rollers for my hair.

GREENPASTURES028.jpg

OMG, momi, you are stunning and your family is beautiful!

ETA: I don't do my pincurls like Southern Girl's tutorial. Hers are more like bantu knot sets. I do mine on dry hair. (after curling with an iron to straighten the roots. I am stretching and this is better for me than trying to flat iron or blow out the roots) Then I take the hair that's just been curled and roll it up using my two index fingers and clip with a silver clip. This is what it looks like. Large sections= looser curls

meetuphairrb0.jpg

Last edited:
crlsweetie912 said:

ETA: I don't do my pincurls like Southern Girl's tutorial. Hers are more like bantu knot sets. I do mine on dry hair. (after curling with an iron to straighten the roots. I am stretching and this is better for me than trying to flat iron or blow out the roots) Then I take the hair that's just been curled and roll it up using my two index fingers and clip with a silver clip. This is what it looks like. Large sections= looser curls

meetuphairrb0.jpg

I do my pincurls the exact same way. Only difference is I will finger comb and/or use a claw comb for a feathered/layered look sometimes.

Beautiful Hair!

I have been doing pin curls since I stopped relaxing last November.

When ever I get my blowdry, press, and curl i pin curl my hair EVERY night for at least the first week and it maintains my curls the WHOLE time ( I make sure to moisturize the ends too). After about a week of that I alternate between pin culrs and wrapping. After 2 weeks of wearing my hair in the flat ironed style ( which I only do once every 8-12 weeks) I wash my hair...but let me tell you those pin curls can help keep the curls in my hair and looking like I just came from the salon.

Pin curls has to be the greatest things ever created. I love how your hair came out....

crlsweetie912 said:

meetuphairrb0.jpg

This is how I do mine. But I do small sections the first week in order to get tight curls so it will last longer. Then the second week I would do larger sections and alternate between this and wrapping...

Thanks ladies for the nice comments :) I feel the luv...

I cant really take credit for my pin curl results though. My stylist is really good, I just take big sections of hair and roll it any which a way in a circle. Secure with two clips and wrap with a scarf.

I don't get pincurls. I always end up with a dent. They never look like spirlals like that.

Yours are absolutely beautiful! I agree - I hate the flat, flatironed look. I like body and bounce.

For me they dont' last b/c I work out daily with cardio and weights.

ThePrincess725 said:
After going natural, I missed getting dry rollerwraps and having hair that moved. When I would get my hair straightened, it would just seem flat and boring. Well, I got my hair straightened the other day, got a much needed trim, and some large spirals. Instead of the usual wrap, I did pincurls, tied a scarf around my head, and the next morning - voila!

Thanks Southerngirlz for your pincurl instructions!

momi said:
Your hair is relly pretty.

Here are my pin curls: They work much better than rollers for my hair.

GREENPASTURES028.jpg

Ok, this is how my hair turned out when I pin curled it and I thought I did something wrong, ok well I guess I'm doing something right now. Your hair is really cute and your family is gorgeous. U go girl

Great!! Now I can do pincurls when I occasionally straigthen my hair.

Momi, you and your family are just beautiful. :love:

ThePrincess, your hair is very pretty. Like some of the OPs, I have a hard time with pin curls. You inspire me to try again. Momi, you are pretty, your hair is gorgeous, and your family is beautiful.

Hi Princess725 :wave:

Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love it. I love your results, and it's great that you did them on dry hair.

A few of you asked for the instructions to my method, so here is the link:
http://public.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/the_pin_curls-_step-1/the_pin_curls-_step/ (password in profile).

A variation for dry hair for very loose waves is shown here:
http://public.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/2005_hair_journey/air_dried_bantu_results/

I have not worn either of these styles in a while, but your hair is inspiring me to do so!!

Thanks,

SG

SouthernGirl said:
Hi Princess725 :wave:

Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love it. I love your results, and it's great that you did them on dry hair.

A few of you asked for the instructions to my method, so here is the link:
http://public.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/the_pin_curls-_step-1/the_pin_curls-_step/ (password in profile).

A variation for dry hair for very loose waves is shown here:
http://public.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/2005_hair_journey/air_dried_bantu_results/

I have not worn either of these styles in a while, but your hair is inspiring me to do so!!

Thanks,

SG

Oh My Southern!
Thanks for dropping off the links. Your hair is simply gaw'jus!:notworthy

Back