Pin Curls

skoloco

For those of you that use these, what do you place on the ends before curling the hair up and pinning it? I've been experimenting with a couple of things, and I don't seem to have the right products that produce a nice smooth curl. My ends come out frizzy and tangled.

I've tried Aveda elixir or Healthy ends followed with botanical oil and I have the same frizzy results. Any suggestions are appreciated--thanks!

So far, I start out with smooth ends from rollersetting my hair. I add Constant Care for Ends to moisturize and then make my pin curls.

Like Isis, my ends are already smooth from a rollerset so I dont add any products but maybe an anti-frizz product would help.

I put S-curl on my ends, seal with Surge Lotion Motion #9, then pincurl. My ends always are smooth. (But then again, I usually start off with rollerset hair)

My fiancee and my anniversary is today, but we're going out Saturday to celebrate it though, and I wanna wear pin curls, but I've only done them on weave hair before, never on my own hair. So how exactly is it "done"?

pistachio said:
My fiancee and my anniversary is today, but we're going out Saturday to celebrate it though, and I wanna wear pin curls, but I've only done them on weave hair before, never on my own hair. So how exactly is it "done"?

If you have done it on weave hair, it should be exactly the same on real hair I would think.

Back