Piggy POLL: Expensive but effective products?

Okay so we've got the low end products poll. What are the high end/expensive ones that actually do work? You know, that actually are WORTH paying the mega bucks for?

Mine so far:

1. Mizani Moisturefuse. It does moisturize nicely. ($10-12)

2. Kiehls with Silk Groom. Makes hair much softer and completely eliminates frizz as the hair dries, particularly if I air dry with no rollars or anything. (Cost depends on the size bought but its tres expensive regardless).

3. Keracare Silken Seal. My favourite serum for wet hair before rollar setting. Using Ripple Effects would be crap without this (saw it selling at my local beauty supplies for $30!! gasp!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif )

4. Redken All Soft. Does exactly what it says it will. (approx $15)

ps. I would add L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo retailing at $10 but i don't know if that counts. I guess it does right as I think paying $10 for just a shampoo is alot IMO. If this merits inclusion price-wise, then its a shampoo I feel that justifies its cost.

What's yours?

1. Mizani Moisturfuse -($10-12 for 8oz bottle)
2. UBH conditioner by Cathy Howes -($18 for 16oz bottle)excellent for deep conditioning
3. UBH hair dew moisturizer-($18 for 16oz bottle)excellent spray moisturizer, gives nice shine to hair
4. Nexxus Keraphix-protein reconstructor-($21for 13.5oz bottle)
5. Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor-($21 for 16oz bottle)
6. Mizani Botanifying conditioning shampoo ($10 for 8oz bottle)
7. Nexxus Botanoil shampoo-($13.00 for 13.5 oz bottle)great for frequent washing.
8. Mizani Fulfyl Conditioning Treatment-($10 for 8 oz bottle)

I'd say my ORS Carrot Oil that cost me £12 and that's like $18 in US money. I've learnt to make it last me by adding WGO and Olive Oil.

Correction to my first post, I meant to say using Ripple Effects without Kiehls Silk Groom would be crap. Not silken seal /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I agree with you on the Mizani Moisturfuse. That stuff is off the chizzay! (I've been talking to my teenage cousins this morning /images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) I went back to Trade Secrets for the 30 oz. bottle but I was told they were only available to professionals. She was real nice, though. She offered to sell me one of their bottles, but someone else came out and told her she couldn't. I guess I'll be ordering it online...
I also have to add:

Unrefined shea butter from nassab.com I didn't think there would be much difference between refined and unrefined, but there is! It's still to heavy to be used alone, but I use it to make my own pre-shampoo hot oil treatment and my top secret recipe hair butter.

Aubrey Organics products. $8-$9 is a lot for shampoo and conditioner, IMO...

OMG!!!!! 30 ounces? I would love fo that. I''m mad someone told her she couldn't sell it to you. Shooooooot.

daviine

-Frederic Fekkai Protein RX Mask - approx. $30 for a 5 ounce tub (ouch!!)

-Frederic Fekkai Wave Making Spray - approx. $20 for medium sized bottle (8-10 oz. ??)

-Rusk Calm Conditioner - $22 for a 1 liter bottle (which actually isn't too bad considering how much you're getting)

<ul type="square"> [*]Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom [*]Kiehl's Extra Strength Conditioning Rinse With Added Coconut [*]Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer [*]Dudley's Hair Rebuilder [*]Aubreys GPB [*]ORS Carrot Oil [/list]

That's it for me ladies! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

1. Keracare Silken Seal (Serum): It's worth every penny.
2. Mizani Rose H20 Cream Hair Dress: It's the only Mizani product that I like and it really moisturizes the hair. ($15.50 at Trade Secret)

[ QUOTE ]

1. Mizani Moisturefuse. It does moisturize nicely. ($10-12)

[/ QUOTE ]

I so agree with u, I love moiturefuse mixed with jojoba oil, its the only conditioner that always gives consistent results. Ive tried many other conditioners and I always end up going back to moistuefuse. But the good thing is that I work at a wholesale beauty supply store, so I pay half the cost, plus my employee discount.

Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. Both bottles are about $11 for a 10oz. I started running out of the conditioner and bought a 33oz bottle of for $25. I have NEVER spent that much on a single hair care product in my whole life. But right now, it's worth it. The shampoo is gentle and doesn't have the 'bad ingredients' and the conditioner is SO moisturizing!

Hairlove,

I got a DEAL one day. I got two of the liter bottles of the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner for the price of one ($24.95) @ Trade Secret! I'm stocked up for a while.

Okay now to answer the question: (I've already posted on this thread, but that was December!)

* Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
* Biolage Conditioning Balm (not Ultra)
* Biolage Hydro Active Hair Masque
* Elucence Extended Moisture Repair

Supergirl,

That IS a deal! WOW! I had to go to tradesecret.com to find where one is in my area. It's called Beauty Express at some locations here and that's where I've already been buying my Kenra. I will have to watch out for this deal though! When I saw how much the big bottle of conditioner was, I didn't even allow myself to browse! lol

Paul Mitchell Supercharged - 11.00
Elucence Moisture Balance - 8.00 (plus shipping)
Elucence Shampoo - 8.00 (plus shipping)
Aveda Sapp Moss Shampoo - 14.00
KMS Flatout Relaxing Balm - 17.00
Sebastion Wet - 14.00
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter - 12.00

For me: Keracare silken seal $16.50 for 4oz
Keracare Humecto $10.50 for 8 oz
Nexxuss Keraphix $18.00 for 13.5 oz
Biolage Leave-in tonic $10.95 for 13.5 oz

Don't want to ever have to live without these!

nioxin follicle booster 19.95
nizoral 2% dandruff shampoo-21.95
the only shampoo that control's my dandruff
nexxus headress-18.00 13.5 0z

I use a lot of things by Kerastase now, and they all work wonderfully for me. They're inbetween 159 -206NOK= $21.78 - $28.21. I just tried KMS Daily repair leave-in, and I really like that too.

Ballet Bun ...

BBD Stretch Creme $45 for 16 0z
BBD Butter Wrap Lotion- $19
BBD Keala Oil $ 16 4fl oz
BBD Triple Silk Shampoo-$16 for 8oz
Barry Fletcher Liquid Moisture Oil $18.50 9fl oz
Salerm Wheat Germ Mask
Alfaparf Semi Di Lino Crystal Serum
UBH Conditioner and Moisturizer
Dudley DRC 28 Protein Treatment

Back