Pieces and Your Hair

LovinLocks

Hello Ladies,

I have dived into the wearing of phony ponies, buns, pieces, you know. So, here's the thing - most of the pieces I have purchased (usually via e-Bay = site unseen, sorta), the mesh thingy that holds your hair . . . it is kinda small. My hair is much shorter than most of you ladies, so how do you handle that?

I am enjoying wearing these pieces and baggying my pony, but geez, I think even today, the mest part of my piece is not covering my ponytail as I'd like.

I am hoping there is a simple solution I haven't thought of :drunk:

Get the 3/4 wigs/hair pieces...or fold a scarf lengthwise till you have a "wide ribbon" so you can tie it over your head just around where you feel your hair doesn't get coverage. Or make your own phony puff/pony as I did here:

nrowsHomemadePuffFrontSideView-vi.jpg

Hmmm if I understand correctly you're saying that the pony isn't covering you hair, are you wearing draw-string pony's, if not what type are you wearing? My hair is SL and I wear draw-string ponys Mon-Fri. All I do is twist my hair into a tight bun, pin it up and put my pony over it.

Hmmm if I understand correctly you're saying that the pony isn't covering you hair, are you wearing draw-string pony's, if not what type are you wearing? My hair is SL and I wear draw-string ponys Mon-Fri. All I do is twist my hair into a tight bun, pin it up and put my pony over it.

Not so much the pony/fake hair piece, but the MESH that the pony hair is attached to. You know the portion that the drawstring draws up and around your hair (?????) It's too small for my ponytail. Make sense???? Oh, and likewtr4chklit, I have my ponytail in a baggy with the condish; sooo, that's why my hair was tight-like in a bun; it's loose to take advantage of the baggying method.

????

Get the 3/4 wigs/hair pieces...or fold a scarf lengthwise till you have a "wide ribbon" so you can tie it over your head just around where you feel your hair doesn't get coverage. Or make your own phony puff/pony as I did here:

nrowsHomemadePuffFrontSideView-vi.jpg

I'd like to learn to do this. Any tutorials here or You Tube that you know of???? I am so, like not creative. But, if I see instructions, I do know howta read and will get it. :yep: Oh, btw, excellent idea - 3/4. I'm off to e-Bay to see what dey got. Tks. Nonie lady.

Not so much the pony/fake hair piece, but the MESH that the pony hair is attached to. You know the portion that the drawstring draws up and around your hair (?????) It's too small for my ponytail. Make sense???? Oh, and likewtr4chklit, I have my ponytail in a baggy with the condish; sooo, that's why my hair was tight-like in a bun; it's loose to take advantage of the baggying method.

????

Ohhhhhh now I get what you're saying. Would it work if you wrapped the baggy snuggly aroung the length of your hair?

That's why I like to buy from the BSS... you can see what you're getting before you get it! :yep:

Oh so true. However, I tend to only rent autos on the weekend and never think to go. Oh, wait, let me be more accurate. When I have gone to the BSS, rarely, can you say rarely do I find hair that matches mine, i.e., silver/grey. Grrrr, it's so frustrating. THAT'S what made me turn to the Internet.

Laugh: when I read your suggestion I was like, "Duh, she makes sense"; then had to remember why I started trying on the WWW. :spinning:

When wearing a drawstring phony pony, I personally make a high ponytail and wrap the ends of my hair around one oversized roller. If you were to see me, you wouldn't even see my natural hair because it would be fully wrapped around that one roller.

I'm not not talking about the kind of rollers you use for roller setting; I mean the ones that are made by Goody. Either a foam roller (with roller papers around it so it won't dry or break your hair) or a large plastic/magnetic roller will do. The large roller will fill that mesh area of the ponytail and prevent all the weight of the ponytail from pulling directly on your hair.

Another benefit: your ends will be totally protected in your roller. I normally moisturize and seal my ends everyday, put the roller back in, snap on the pony and I'm gone. I retained a lot of length this summer by doing this.

Phony pony bun scrunchie

My friends ain't feelin' it. Oh well. I'm trying to find one, maybe 34 (less grey); I may be rushing the grey thing 'cause most of the pieces I have purchased my friends say are too gray, I'm not that gray :ohwell:. Sooo, they're in the "To the second-hand store" bag that I've got goin'. Dang, and I've spent some $$ moolah on pieces over last several weeks. I do know 1b ain't getting it; gotta have some grey/silver to make it work. :rolleyes:

1018Bun-vi.jpg

Re: Phony pony bun scrunchie

My friends ain't feelin' it. Oh well. I'm trying to find one, maybe 34 (less grey); I may be rushing the grey thing 'cause most of the pieces I have purchased my friends say are too gray, I'm not that gray :ohwell:. Sooo, they're in the "To the second-hand store" bag that I've got goin'. Dang, and I've spent some $$ moolah on pieces over last several weeks. I do know 1b ain't getting it; gotta have some grey/silver to make it work. :rolleyes:

1018Bun-vi.jpg
I think thats really beautiful!!!!:yep:

Back