PictureTrail Account Soon To Be Restricted

daviine

I just got an e-mail about this this week. Basically, it is saying that in two weeks my account will no longer be accessible online unless I pay $19.95 to upgrade for the year. I know it's not really a lot of money for a year but I wanted to throw this question out there...

Is anyone else paying for their PT acount or Fokti account? Do you think it is worth it? Are there any other alternatives besides Yahell!? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lemme know.

OMG Davine. What's up with that? What is their reasoning? I thought it was a free site. I guess sooner or later, we'll all end up paying or moving then. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Ha! That happened to me a few weeks ago so I moved to Fotki. Fotki is actually more expensive, but has more features and options. I like how people can post questions under a certain picture and I can respond. I like the interaction! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think $30 a year is not too much for such a good site.

I got the same email also. I was wondering what some other options were as well.
I also liek Fotki and the way you can post comments and answers. $30 is not too bad....

Right now I have some of my pics under Fotki, but my newer ones on Yahoo because that one is free!!

At least the pics can still be viewed at fotki, but I can't add any more. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Just can't bring myself to pay that $30 quite yet... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

i pay for my picture trail account. that's why there are no ads on it. and i think there's also no limit to the number of pics you can post. the free account only let you post 32 pics. before this, i was struggling with the yahoo photos. i don't mind paying to avoid the headache...

adrienne

I just renewed my membership. I am willing to pay 30 for good service. I have at least 40 pictures online. I like the fact that Fotki isn't down a lot, and if you have questions the customer service is fast and reliable.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
daviine said:
I Are there any other alternatives besides Yahell!? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL .... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
That's exactly how I felt about Yahoo! I'll probably just go ahead and pay for Picturetrail....I like it alot so far(of course I don't have that many pics...)

Yeah, that was my reasoning too. I don't have that many pics online to warrant paying. Maybe in the future when I have more pics I'll pay the $20/year. It is per year right?

daviine said:
I just got an e-mail about this this week. Basically, it is saying that in two weeks my account will no longer be accessible online unless I pay $19.95 to upgrade for the year. I know it's not really a lot of money for a year but I wanted to throw this question out there...

Is anyone else paying for their PT acount or Fokti account? Do you think it is worth it? Are there any other alternatives besides Yahell!? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lemme know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep this on the downlow but..... /images/graemlins/sekret.gif I don't pay for Fotki. I've heard that others do so I'm confused. Maybe I signed up before they started charging? I dunno. But Fotki for me (so far) is free.

Tara said:
But Fotki for me (so far) is free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tara,

Have you tried uploading any new pics lately? They give you 14 days for free, then they block your account, although people can still view your pictures, you can't add any more unless you pay the $30.00.

If that's not the case for you, then maybe you DID join before they started charging... (NO FAIR!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif)

I don't like this one bit. Lol. I like Picturetrail because it is right-click disabled. So, I'll have to think about this one, although I didn't get any e-mail.

Well---I've had it since about January. So maybe in a few weeks you'll get it. I think maybe I was on a trial period or something.

I think when I do start posting pictures I'll just put them on a webpage through my tripod account. It's free but It's not set up just to showcase pictures. Still I can organize everything the way I want to and I no a little bit of HTML and Java (just a very little) so I can disable right-clicking as well (though there are ways of getting around this). /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Lindy said:
Tara said:
But Fotki for me (so far) is free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tara,

Have you tried uploading any new pics lately? They give you 14 days for free, then they block your account, although people can still view your pictures, you can't add any more unless you pay the $30.00.

If that's not the case for you, then maybe you DID join before they started charging... (NO FAIR!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, now you know I'm gonna be ducking the blows right? (lol) but um.... I just uploaded some pics today, and without charge.

But I AM getting worried now with all this talk, I don't want to lose my photos. Hmmm.....

I Just thought of an Idea for Bev and Dimopoulos /images/graemlins/look.gif
[insert Devilish Grin]

Back