Pictures

Julia

Hello everyone, I have posted some pics. I was going to wait unti my next relaxer so that I would be starting fresh, but I decided to go ahead. I will update my albums with my next relaxer.

http://www.picturetrail.com

Album: hairpics
password: nomobreakage

Julia, those are some great pics. Your hair looks extremely healthy to me, despite your setback: very shiny and thick! If you don't want to trim the ends you can always roller set. I had some horribly jagged ends (yours look better than mine did) a few months ago, and that's what I did: wore my hair in curly or protective styles until I got rid of the problem.

Your hubby seems to be a roller setting natural. I mean, here's a man, not only doing a fantastic job on his first attempt, but doing it with the silver clips, too! /images/graemlins/up.gif That's the acid test. I'm still using the snap on covers myself. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hey Julia.

I just wanted to tell you that I still don't know what hair type I am. However, in order to determine your hair type, I think we need to look at your new growth becasue your hair is relaxed.

Tell your husband congratulations...he did a great job and your hair looks nice.

Julia,

You have beautiful hair! Is there anything in particular you use to get such shine to your hair? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Julia,

You hair looks great. It has an incredible shine to it. Give your husband some serious props, his rollerset looked great.

Julia,

Your hair looks really pretty! Very thick and healthy-looking! Your poor hubby... now that he's done such a good job with the rollers, I imagine he'll be doing your sets on a regular basis now!!! It's so nice having someone set your hair for you, isn't it??!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

your hair looks good despite the damage. i'm glad you were able to get the breakage under control. what do you think helped the most with that?

wow!! your husband did a GREAT job on your roller set. he sure is handy, girl!!

adrienne

Your hair looks great and your hubby did a wonderful job. Your hair doesn't look too thin to me...I would kill for thickness like that .

Julia, oh my! Your hair looks so nice! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Your hair looks so shiney and bouncy. Your husband did a good job on the wet set! Does he wash your hair too? To me nothing feels better than having a man's hands in my hair /images/graemlins/kissing4.gif

Girl...give me some of that thickness! I could see the difference from your 1996 pic and when you had damage(isn't it amazing how much hair you can loose when you start having damage!). I see a beautiful and dramatic difference between the pic when you first started here and now. You are obviously doing something right so stick with it...it's working for you!

Thanks everyone for your encouraging and positive comments. I was really feeling bad about my hair but you all give me hope.

I will let my husband know what you all think about his blossoming hairdressing skills! I really do appreciate him helping me out with my now weekly shampoos and when I want a wet set. The wet sets do make my ends seem really healthy. I have really tried to take care of them and I do not think I will get more than 1/8" cut trimmed off when I get my next touch up. Once I get to the length that I was at in Nov. 2002 then I will start to get gradual trims so that I can even up my hair.

Pebbles: Regarding the shine, last week when I washed I used an acidifier (sp?) conditioner (Nexus) and the last rinse was done in really really cold water - ouch! During the week I glossed with a shea butter based hair oil. I really noticed that my hair looked a lot shinier so perhaps the cold water and the acidifier (sp?) conditioner combo is what did it for me.

Adrienne: I think many things over the last month have contributed to my reduced or my now non-existent breakage. I started moisturizing more, wearing more protective hair styles and stopped letting rough materials rub against my hair. Actually before I saw your pictures I had never ever heard aboout a yaki "draw string pony tail." So I went out and bought one immediately. I have not started using it but I will. I also started to do some protein treatments (Apohogee about 3 weeks ago, and Motions CPR/Nexus Kerapix last week.) I also spray a lot of curl activator in my hair on the alternate weeks when I wear my hair curly. I think the moisture has done wonders for me. This week was a really good week for me breakage wise. Every time I went out into the -30/40 degree celsius Canadian cold, I would completely cover my hair. I have discovered that my hair does not like the cold at all.

I am on the road to recovery thanks to all you ladies on the LHCF.

Blessings to all!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Pebbles: Regarding the shine, last week when I washed I used an acidifier (sp?) conditioner (Nexus and the last rinse were done in really really cold water - ouch! During the week I glossed with a shea butter based hair oil. I really noticed that my hair looked a lot shinier so perhaps the cold water and the acidifier (sp?) conditioner combo is what did it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Julia, I'm going to try that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That cold water trick to close the cuticles really does shock. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hi Julia,

I think your hair looks GREAT! /images/graemlins/grin.gif It's very thick and shiny. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Keep up the good work.

Thank you hairfanatic.

/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Wow Julia

Your husband did an excellent job! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your set came out lovely. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Julia, I think your hair looks terrific! It looks really thick and very shiny. Breakage? Sorry, I don't see it at all!

Back