Pics tell the real story! A lil' post-BC inspiration. Watch my "halfro" grow! *PICS*

Diva_Esq

Ladies,

I know sometimes it feels like my hair just isn't growing or isn't growing fast enough! :nono: At the beginning of my journey, my DH thought I was :spinning: for constantly having him measure my strands, take pics, etc. And you know, our elders say, "A watched pot never boils!"

But a LITTLE watching of the pot can be helpful and inspirational in this journey to long, healthy hair! Although I have a ways to go until my goal (WL) :yep:, I have come a ways from my BC. I look to these pictures when I don't feel like I'm making progress!

Here are the pics of my "halfro" as I affectionately call it b/c I pull 1/2 of my hair back in a hair zing after cowashing:

ONE MONTH POST-BC MARK (May 2010) - EZ comb is up really high b/c my hair was only 4-5 inches long...hair falls above/ at shirt collar.

picture.php

SIX MONTHS POST-BC MARK (NOV 2010)-
EZ Comb has moved farther back & my hair now covers my neck & hits right about the SL mark unstretched

picture.php

ONE YEAR & TWO MONTHS POST-BC MARK (JUNE 2011)- EZ comb is still in back and my hair hangs pretty much to APL unstretched :lick:

picture.php

:grin: Thanks for looking & allowing me to share! :) HHG!!!

Re: Pics tell the real story! A lil' post-BC inspiration. Watch my "halfro" grow! *PI

Your hair is gorgeous!!!! Great growth :D

Re: Pics tell the real story! A lil' post-BC inspiration. Watch my "halfro" grow! *PI

Well damn, that's a lot of progress.

WoW, that's some good growth. Very pretty hair.

Your hair is beautiful!!! Wow it is really grown!!! Congratulations! :)

I love your curls :) Where do you buy that EZ Comb from? I want one

I love your curls :) Where do you buy that EZ Comb from? I want one

Thank you! :yawn: I got it at Walgreens. They have a black one and the light brown one I have in the 1st pic in one pack.

BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!!

Wow Wow WOW! Love your hair. Love your progress. :D

your hair is beautiful and your growth is rapid and healthy.

great progress

Oooo Purdy!!!

just wooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!

Congratulations!

Whoa girl! Thats a lot of growth! Congrats!

You go girl! Wonderful, healthy growth.

Your hair looks great!

Lovely progress. What's your reggie?

Congrats on your progress!! *Off to get an E-Z comb*

Lovely progress. What's your reggie?

Thank you!

Regimen: I cowash daily with Aussie Moist 3-minute Miracle or Herbal Essence Hydralicious & detangle using the Ouidad Double Detangler & a wide tooth comb. I use Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish condish & Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie as leave-ins and then I WnG with the EZ comb, wet bun, pony, or pin up daily during the week. On the weekends, I rock a big curly WNG afro or puff. I use my Denman to style.

I deep condition overnight baggied with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm once or twice a week (occasionally, I add honey to it). I shampoo with whatever (still trying to get a staple moisturizing poo) once every 3-4 weeks (my hair HATES poo & gets stripped easily by it). I protein with Giovanni or Affirm 5-in-1 once a month, if needed. The only oil I use is EVOO. I lay my edges down with Garnier Fructis Water-based Wax and EcoStyler Gel with my soft bristle brush & scarf. I sleep in a silk scarf every night no matter what.

I only straighten about 3-4x a year for trims, and once in a blue moon for a special occasion (VERY RARE). Mostly rock it curly.

Hope that helps!

neat-o!

:kewlpics::woohoo::sweet::superbanana:

ETA: So you liked that Ouidad comb?

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!

Back