PICS: Question about my own hair...texwhat??

LondonDiva

I'm seeing these new words like texlaxed and textysometing lately, now I always have people not beliing I use a relaxer and they think I'm natural, which is cool cause I like the option of wearing my hair big or straight. Anyhow I'm definitely a 4b, hell make that a 4zzzzzzz hair type so looking from the pics of my hair airdried would my hair be classed as texturised or whatever the new in word is :lol: relaxed or what? A CLD (ConfusedLondonDiva):confused:

IMG_0823-vi.jpg

IMG_0673-vi.jpg

IMG_0709-vi.jpg

N o kidding girl your skin is flawless!! What the heck are you using? And is your hair air-dried here? Any products?

Thanks for the compliments, I use biore face wash and moisturiser to control the oil as I have a really oily t zone and I use Avon anew, that microdermabrasion scrub. Other than that nothing really. I can't even remember the last time I used a face masque, I don't pay attention to my skin much anymore and when i used to that's when I'd have problems believe it or not.

My hair is airdried the 2nd day after a relaxer. I washed it again the next day and there's no product in there yet in those pics.

I concur, pretty hair and skin :up:

But that doesn't answer your question though, does it? :lachen:

Sorry I'm not familiar w/ this terminology either...

s_terry said:
Based on the descriptions given here I would say texulaxed.

I'm just waiting for the look on people's faces when I tell them I'm texulaxed :lachen:

They're already like :eek: :confused: when you talk about bone combs and airdrying.

I agree, beautiful hair and skin. Your hair airdries like mine... big and poofy. :) I try to relax to bone straight but it just ain't happenin'. Whatever it is, it's pretty! :)

Your hair and skin are gorgeous!!!

To answer your question though, your hair texture is really similar to mine when air dried and I just say that I'm not relaxed bone straight. A friend of mine saw my hair air dried without rollers and she said that it looked as if I never had a relaxer in my life :-).

When I think of Texlaxed I envision curls as in using a relaxer as if it were a texturizer. When you texturize you just barely knock the kink off and remain curly. You can tell better whether you're texlaxed when wet and I know I'm not because I really don't have any distcintive curls after I wash. But that is just my interpretation...

HTH

I'd say you were texlaxed, cos you dont have any curl at all. I think a larger curl pattern defines texturised hair and texlaxed is a term used to refer to 4b people who dont really have a curl pattern but dont relax bone straight.

baglady215 said:
I agree, beautiful hair and skin. Your hair airdries like mine... big and poofy. :) I try to relax to bone straight but it just ain't happenin'. Whatever it is, it's pretty! :)

I agree. My goodness you are gorgeous girlie.:)

dimpalz said:
I'd say you were texlaxed, cos you dont have any curl at all. I think a larger curl pattern defines texturised hair and texlaxed is a term used to refer to 4b people who dont really have a curl pattern but dont relax bone straight.

You've just turned my world upside down. lol. All this time (less than 4 months :lachen:) I thought that i was texlaxed.

This is me damp (not the best quality photo, but you can see that it has loose waves and curls):

conditionwash4506.jpg

ETA: London Diva, your hair looks very healthy. I think that if it is bone straight while wet, then it is relaxed straight.

Last edited:
I lot of people, male and female, assume my hair is natural too because of all the texture in my hair. Two stylists offered to relax my hair last year (one black and one white). I politely declined and said it was already relaxed. Didn't go into details.:lol:

If I let it, my hair would airdry just like yours with your puff.

I agree with the ladies, gorgeous hair and skin, London Diva!!

Back