pics of rollerset on natural hair

Irresistible

nooo i dont have pics of one.....

but im looking for anyone , any hair type that has done a rollerset on all natural hair, not transitioning...so far ive only seen one that looked good and that was NGC , she made me a believer that it can be done....but i need to see more.....anyone have any?.....wanna become a true believer before i set out to kill my arms rolllin my hair
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
I have some in my album.
I have photos of a regular roller set and pics of a Dominican blowout.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow the curly puff is so cute....

ok so whats a dominican blow out? i know ive seen it posted a million times but i see you did this yourself...i thought it was some kind of exclusive special salon service.....that you can only get on the east coast
laugh.gif
....is it using the blow dryer on top of the set till dry? please enlighten me cause it looks great.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
skeegeesmb has them in her album

[/ QUOTE ]

i tried that name on fotki...no go..i dont know the link to her album
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
tracyannette said:
Carefree also has some nice pics of a roller set

[/ QUOTE ]

found her on fotki..but it has a password....guess i can do a search on posts from them to find their album and password....thanks you guys...im gonna do a rollerset soon too...pray for me
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
I have some in my album.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so whats a dominican blow out? i know ive seen it posted a million times but i see you did this yourself...i thought it was some kind of exclusive special salon service.....that you can only get on the east coast
laugh.gif
....is it using the blow dryer on top of the set till dry? please enlighten me cause it looks great.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the complement!
smile.gif

A Dominican blow out or AKA a straight blowout is nothing but a way to straighten your hair without the use of a pressing comb. It is a process that usually involves rollers and a hand held dryer. It is normally done in Dominican salons. Some of these salons use different methods of doing a Dominican blow out but they always seem to involve a roller set and a hand held dryer. It is a lot less damaging to the hair compared to a pressing comb. I showed the step by step process in my album.

Here is another roller set link:
http://public.fotki.com/NGCCuadra/nappgirlcurls_hair_album/ngcs_rollerset_styles/

[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
I have some in my album.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the complement!
smile.gif

A Dominican blow out or AKA a straight blowout is nothing but a way to straighten your hair without the use of a pressing comb. It is a process that usually involves rollers and a hand held dryer. It is normally done in Dominican salons. Some of these salons use different methods of doing a Dominican blow out but they always seem to involve a roller set and a hand held dryer. It is a lot less damaging to the hair compared to a pressing comb. I showed the step by step process in my album.

Here is another roller set link:
http://public.fotki.com/NGCCuadra/nappgirlcurls_hair_album/ngcs_rollerset_styles/

[/ QUOTE ]

wow didnt know it was that simple...well besides the tired arms from holding the dryer...but hey thats what kids are here for
laugh.gif
...kewl, thank you...i think it would do better than just air drying , as far as getting straighter and holding better...someone pm'd me (i'll leave her nameless in case she wants to be) sent me a link to someone else's album and she used a curling iron after taking the set out...so i think the success has to do with using "some" heat...although i dont think NGC used any. but i agree that it must be less damaging than pressing...im willing to give it my best shot
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
tracyannette said:
Carefree also has some nice pics of a roller set

[/ QUOTE ]

found her on fotki..but it has a password....guess i can do a search on posts from them to find their album and password....thanks you guys...im gonna do a rollerset soon too...pray for me
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, carefree's link and password are in her signature

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
her link is www.fotki.com/ Skegeesmb

[/ QUOTE ]

wow she has a totally smooth shiny rollerset....ok im just gonna do it. i gotta go get rollers...in jumbo i guess. im a believer that it works now for sure...im just not a believer that i have any skills at rollin
laugh.gif
..but i believe i can learn....

do you pin the rollers down? cause if i remember correctly those magnetic snap on rollers dont always hold tight to the scalp...or is there a trick to getting it tight so its not floppy? also is it a must to use end papers? i need all the help i can get....i gonna go on and do this next weekend

Back