Pics of my straw set

moda

I finally did a straw set and I am happy with the results. If you would like to see pics, they are in the heat free styles folder, in the rollerset / straw set album.

Ok I need details! How long did it take you to do the set? You said you slept in the straws so did you air dry or did you spend some time under a dryer.

Oh by the way nice job!

You did a great job!! i've wanting to try one too but i have a little too much newgrowth going on at this point so i'll a couple more months till im natural. But I still need details. Most importantly how long did it take to get the straws in, was your hair completly dry in the AM and whatsize pins did you use to hold the straws in place?

BTW I :love: your hair

simplycee said:
Ok I need details! How long did it take you to do the set? You said you slept in the straws so did you air dry or did you spend some time under a dryer.

Oh by the way nice job!
Thanks Simplycee !! It took about 3 hours to get the straws in :eek: I did not sit under the dryer at all, normally my hair does not dry overnight. When I rollerset it dries much quicker, and I am normally about 90% dry by morning. My hair was actually 100% dry with the straw set.

chocolate01 said:
You did a great job!! i've wanting to try one too but i have a little too much newgrowth going on at this point so i'll a couple more months till im natural. But I still need details. Most importantly how long did it take to get the straws in, was your hair completly dry in the AM and whatsize pins did you use to hold the straws in place?

BTW I :love: your hair
Thanks Chocolate !!

I used small bobby pins, and I only used 1 pin per straw. I did also use roller paper on my ends.

BTW, I love your hair too, the flexirod set was gorgeous.

WesternEyes said:
very pretty!
Thanks Western

Last edited:
That looks really really good. So, how did you start rolling...from the bottom or the top..I'm confused. Does someone have steps in their album I can look at.

Also what did you put onto your hair.

senimoni said:
That looks really really good. So, how did you start rolling...from the bottom or the top..I'm confused. Does someone have steps in their album I can look at.

Also what did you put onto your hair.
Thanks senimoni !!! I rolled from the bottom of the straw to the top. I am not sure if someone has steps in their album, but I'd be happy to throw some steps in when I get home for you. My leave in was NTM silk touch, and I added Black n Sassy Hot sheen to give it the shine, and a little curl wax which helps keep my curls from frizzing.

Last edited:
Beautiful results! Your tips are going to be helpful too for when I try my own strawset :).

Soooo Pretty!!! You have alot of patience. :yep: I tried a flexi rod set a few months ago, but it looked like a jheri curl to me. Yours look great!

Kha said:
Beautiful results! Your tips are going to be helpful too for when I try my own strawset :).

Thanks Kha, can't wait to see your pics :)

getmoore said:
Very pretty! Please post how long they last.OK? :grin: I've got to try these soon.

Thank you! I will be sure to post how long they last, I am hoping they last a while.

kitchen_tician said:
Soooo Pretty!!! You have alot of patience. :yep: I tried a flexi rod set a few months ago, but it looked like a jheri curl to me. Yours look great!
Thanks KT! Yes I have a lot of patience, sometimes I am amazed. I had a rollerset that came out like that before :lol:

kristina said:
I love it! I can't wait to try this when I get my braids out.
Thanks Kristina! Can't wait to see yours :)

sweetpeadst said:
It really becomes you! I think you did a great job! YOu are a patient woman!
Thanks Sweet! I love your sew in :)

Alli77 said:
great job! It looks so nice!
Thanks Alli!

Last edited:
I like your flexirods set! Very nice. Was your hair wet when you rolled it or did you use a setting lotion on dry hair and rolled it up?

queenofmean68 said:
I like your flexirods set! Very nice. Was your hair wet when you rolled it or did you use a setting lotion on dry hair and rolled it up?

Thanks Queen !! My hair was wet. I do not use setting lotion, I normally apply a leave in moisturizer, hot sheen, and curl wax.

really cute. you are an inspiration. Now I really want to try a straw set but I think my hair might look really short with it.

locabouthair said:
really cute. you are an inspiration. Now I really want to try a straw set but I think my hair might look really short with it.

Thanks Loca :) Yes a straw set will make your hair look much shorter, but each day the curls are dropping a bit more

CBS, You have some AMMAAAZZZZIIINNG natural hair! It's so GORGEOUS!!!

Your strawset is the bomb!!! You have a lot of patience to endure 3 hours for setting your hair on straws!!!

BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

Poohbear said:
CBS, You have some AMMAAAZZZZIIINNG natural hair! It's so GORGEOUS!!!

Your strawset is the bomb!!! You have a lot of patience to endure 3 hours for setting your hair on straws!!!

BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

Thanks Poohbear, I am very happy with the look. All I need is for it to last 1 week, and it will become my staple style for a while.

lovelymissyoli said:
Your strawset turned out great! :)

Thanks Lovely!

Back